Better Hurry! Nexus 4 is Free from T-Mobile

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have been wanting to get your hands on a Nexus 4, but fell short due to lack of funding or lack of availability, T-Mobile has made it a bit easier to get, but only if you act quickly. You can nab a free Nexus 4 through a short lived promotion ending on Sunday. Better get moving. :D

The phone comes with a 4.7-inch screen, WiFi and Bluetooth, NFC, HSPA+, wireless charging, Snapdragon S4 processor, 8-megapixel camera and a bunch of other cool features.

T-Mobile has these promotions every other week.

I jumped on the HTC 8X for $50 myself.

Why do people call cell phone offers that require you commit to a two year contract "free"?

Why do people call cell phone offers that require you commit to a two year contract "free"?

Why do companies call it unlimited internet when it becomes dial-up after you've blown through your allotment?

Because semantically, they can get away with it.

What if a person signs up, but then chooses to bail on the contract? Is t-mobile's ETF $200?

LOL! My sister just bought a Samsung Galaxy S III. Paid $180 + 2-year data plan.

Meanwhile, I paid $300 for my Nexus 4 and don't have to worry about any data plan. :D

Nexus 4 is one heck of a phone.
To bad with T-Mobile, wifi calling does not work...so those of you with crappy service inside your house that relies on the wifi calling (like me), you're outta luck until someone finds a fix (there is a bounty on XDA).

I really like this phone except for two things, no expandable memory and non removable battery. So close to being what I want though...

To bad with T-Mobile, wifi calling does not work...so those of you with crappy service inside your house that relies on the wifi calling (like me), you're outta luck until someone finds a fix (there is a bounty on XDA).

Can use Vonage app for WiFi when you're making outgoing. Nothing for incoming though, as of yet :(

love Tmob wifi calling. cuts down on minutes (don't count against plan), and allows reception in basement at work. too bad my phone is the terrible g2x...

I call it ass raping.

Because alot of people do not switch providers every other month.

To me, a 2 year contract is perfectly fine. I have been with TMobile for 10 years and have no plans of switching, so why not sign a new 2 year contract for a free (or heavily discounted) phone?

I wonder if T-Mobile will include a free extra battery and/or micro SD card with the Nexus 4. That would really sweeten the deal for me...

Does anyone buy new phones without a contract? Unless you're getting some cheap ass phone its its cheaper to just get subsidized phone and pay early termination.

Nexus 4 = $400 w/ no contract.
Or $0-10 w/ 2 year contract + $350 for early termination for advanced phone.

How exactly are you going to save money not getting a 2 year contract? Even canceling service before 2 years

Love the new S4 Pro chipset but you would be insane to get a crappy LG made phone where you can't add extra memory or take out the battery if the phone locks up.

To make matters worse the 800 and 600 series phones are due out by may and make the S4 look like a kid's toy.

As far a free goes you have to add a new line or plan in order to get the phone free, and requires you spend 50 bucks today bare minimum for the phone.

So I'm going to stick to my S2 which I love. As far as Wi-Fi calling goes if it is not deliberately listed as working on your plan it is will not work. I had the old my Touch plan and even through it was full internet when I got my S2 the only way I was able to get the Wi-Fi calling to work was upgrading to a more expensive plan. Now it works get especially over a 5GHz network.

How exactly are you going to save money not getting a 2 year contract? Even canceling service before 2 years

T-mobile has no-contract prepaid plans which are way cheaper than their contract plans (in exchange you pay full-price for the phone). The $30 100min/unlimited text/5GB data and the $70 unlimited everything (no throttle) are really good deals.

Does anyone buy new phones without a contract? Unless you're getting some cheap ass phone its its cheaper to just get subsidized phone and pay early termination.

Nexus 4 = $400 w/ no contract.
Or $0-10 w/ 2 year contract + $350 for early termination for advanced phone.

The 8GB Nexus 4 was $299 last I checked. The 16GB is $350. So you wind up, at best, breaking even with your tactic?

Love the new S4 Pro chipset but you would be insane to get a crappy LG made phone where you can't add extra memory or take out the battery if the phone locks up.

To make matters worse the 800 and 600 series phones are due out by may and make the S4 look like a kid's toy.

As far a free goes you have to add a new line or plan in order to get the phone free, and requires you spend 50 bucks today bare minimum for the phone.

So I'm going to stick to my S2 which I love. As far as Wi-Fi calling goes if it is not deliberately listed as working on your plan it is will not work. I had the old my Touch plan and even through it was full internet when I got my S2 the only way I was able to get the Wi-Fi calling to work was upgrading to a more expensive plan. Now it works get especially over a 5GHz network.

lol what? The S4 Pro makes your Exynos look like a toy. Technology progresses and will continue to progress. Get over it, or you'll never buy a new phone.

And let me know when you can buy a phone with solid, long term software support using a Snapdragon 800 series if 299/349 flat out.

The 8GB Nexus 4 was $299 last I checked. The 16GB is $350. So you wind up, at best, breaking even with your tactic?

Sorry I just put in Nexus 4 on amazon and saw 399. Fine so $299. So you risk losing up to $50 if you were to cancel your contract immediately, actually first month you cancel you don't pay early termiantion, but 2nd month you get $10 off for having a full month, so only $340, so you risk losing up to $40.. if you keep phone for 5 months you break even... if you keep phone any longer you lose $10/month.

T-mobile has no-contract prepaid plans which are way cheaper than their contract plans (in exchange you pay full-price for the phone). The $30 100min/unlimited text/5GB data and the $70 unlimited everything (no throttle) are really good deals.

Okay yeah if you go for prepaid plans you can get pretty cheap.

Back