Better buy - 2070 or 2060Super

qhash

Weaksauce
Hi,
I need some advice which GPU to choose.
My two deal breakers are noise levels and price/performance ratio.
I am looking at MSI 2070 VENTUS 8GB and MSI 2060 SUPER GAMING X.
They both will fit into a small case and work at acceptable noise level.
I wonder whether:

1. 2060SUPER Gaming will have different chip over some cheaper 2060SUPER models (like 2070OC vs standard 2070)?

2. Will 2060SUPER GAMING X overclock better than 2070 VENTUS thus with better cooling and better performance at the end will be a better choice? Or maybe it is the other way around and it is VENTUS that has a better OC potential? Can really find much info about this card and where I live it is currently on sale being 25EUR cheaper than MSI 2060 SUPER GAMING. I wonder why ;)

Get the 2070 since it's cheaper and performance is a wash. It's probably discounted by 25$ since the 2070 is an EOL model and retailers are probably disposing stock to keep less SKUs.

If you get lucky and get a better binned 2070, you'll probably get more performance per mhz overclocking due to having more CUDA cores than the 2060SUPER.

thanks for a fast reply :) I am leaning towards 2070 myself, just did not decide yet and frankly it is kind of strange that almost no review of 2070 VENTUS can be found over the net.

I know, its just I though that maybe the card was so unworthy testing that no one wanted to do it.

Back