cageymaru

Fully [H]
Bethesda has announced via its Bethesda Support account on Twitter, that the company is finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. Owners of the $200 collector's edition, who wish to receive the proper canvas bag, have to visit the Bethesda Support website and submit a ticket by January 31, 2019. Bethesda will arrange to send affected customers a replacement as soon as the bags are ready. This was done in response to the company issuing cheap nylon bags in the $200 collector's edition of the game instead of the canvas bags shown in advertising and online store shelves.

We are finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. If you purchased the CE, please visit https://beth.games/2QDropM and submit a ticket by Jan. 31, 2019. We'll arrange to send you a replacement as soon as the bags are ready.

Doesn't really say much when you do it to avoid legal proceedings due to a bait-and-switch scheme. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't even buy any version of Fallout 76 from them.

Okay great, the 19 of us who got screwed over by getting the wrong bag, can move on. Nice!

I'm curious about the customers who opted for the 500 atoms (or whatever their premium currency is), do they also get the bag? :)

Yea good call, hopefully they get the 500 atoms for inconvenience caused and the better bag to fix the root issue.

I agree with the others here though, i have not bought this game, and i have been left with a really bad impression/taste from Bethesda, Im not sure that ill buy any future games from them, and its a shame as i own all previous Fallout's with the exception of New Vegas that just skipped my radar.

If it was fallout 4 with co-op, I would've bought it bugs 'n all, but the game they released just looks boring, and reading reviews it is boring...

I'll bet someone is getting a reaming for not changing the image after they decided to go nylon, when it should be the guy who made the nylon decision in the first place.

They had no choice on this. With all the publicity and fallout (heh pun) from it...if they didn't replace the bags, they probably would of faced a lawsuit and probably ended up paying more out of it. They probably thought they could cut a few corners and get away with it...but the people spoke and called them on it.

Reactions: Madoc
like this
They had no choice on this. With all the publicity and fallout (heh pun) from it...if they didn't replace the bags, they probably would of faced a lawsuit and probably ended up paying more out of it. They probably thought they could cut a few corners and get away with it...but the people spoke and called them on it.
This and, maybe even more, FTC rule violations and their fines.

like this
Doesn't really say much when you do it to avoid legal proceedings due to a bait-and-switch scheme. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't even buy any version of Fallout 76 from them.

Read somewhere that this doesn't absolve them of their possible crime. Regardless of what they did to correct it with their customers, they still did what they did. But hell, who am I kidding, corporations are never held to the same standard as actual people.

I understand people are mad about the bait and switch but, personally, I think I would rather have a nylon bag. They're generally much sturdier. I have a ballistic nylon duffel and that thing has lasted me 15 years of abuse.

I guess Bethesda is used to half assing software and figured half assing a physical good would be fine. Trouble is that even a 70yr old judge can tell when something is half assed in the physical world.

So, the materials magically became available once legal investigations and the threat of a lawsuit arose?

Hmm. Could it be... that maybe... Bethesda............ were lying when they said they couldn't make the bags due to availability of materials (and so obviously not telling customers that and just sending them something different seemed like the best course of action, to Bethesda)?

like this
Really really glad that Mass Effect: Andromeda taught me to stop believing game maker and game site news hype about the next great release in a storied franchise and taught me to wait until the game was actually released to see whether it's good, decent, or, like Fallout 76, sucks Donkey B@lls....

like this
To little to late. The entire release has been a shit show. Hope the company burns along with EA and Activision.

I actually want these companies to succeed - just not with the business practices they have been using recently. Talking down to your fans and customer base, forcing microtransactions into games and progression systems, forcing developer studios to push games out the door that aren't ready and putting game production on unsustainable timelines are good ways to ruin your brand.

Having large studios backing a few big-budget games can be good for the industry. And while I acknowledge these companies are beholden to their shareholders I hope that when they lose enough money in sales and stock prices they will learn that their primary task should be to make great games. If they do that the money will follow. (And please, stop swallowing up every small studio that has a good idea and ruining them.)

Read somewhere that this doesn't absolve them of their possible crime. Regardless of what they did to correct it with their customers, they still did what they did. But hell, who am I kidding, corporations are never held to the same standard as actual people.
Their "crime". LMAO. Well definitely if you "read it somewhere" then it's gotta be true.

A bag for a toy space helmet that probably got switched out by some chinese supplier somewhere in the pipeline. Yes this developer should totally go to prison - a vacation inside until they learn not to mess with the kinds of virgins that go to bed with their action figures!

Last edited:
Their "crime". LMAO. Well definutely if you "read it somewhere" then it's gotta be true.

A bag for a toy space helmet that probably got switched out by some chinese supplier somewhere in the pipeline. Yes this developer should totally go to prison - a vacation inside until they learn not to mess with any virgin that has walls of action figures!

Yea, there's really two scenarios for it. 1. Canvas in the title of it did not actually provide a material specification for the product. 2. They get a fine.

Or they could just refund the money for the 12 people that ordered this aliexpress crap package.

Aren't people and corps great? When you get tired of them manipulating and trashing you with lies, you can begin removing all the knives from your back. Such a fallen world.

If you have any people or companies in your life that actually treat you right, count your blessings, this world is loaded with liars and cheats.

I understand people are mad about the bait and switch but, personally, I think I would rather have a nylon bag. They're generally much sturdier. I have a ballistic nylon duffel and that thing has lasted me 15 years of abuse.

I guess Bethesda is used to half assing software and figured half assing a physical good would be fine. Trouble is that even a 70yr old judge can tell when something is half assed in the physical world.

Did you even see the nylon bag Bethesda included in the CE? That thing wouldn't last anywhere near 15 years. I don't think it would even last 15 uses.

"So you guys want to complain about Fallout 76 huh? Well we're gonna leak all your info onto the interwebz!" :-D

Reactions: Reimu
like this
Back