Bethesda to Issue Replacement Canvas Bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Dec 4, 2018.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

Bethesda has announced via its Bethesda Support account on Twitter, that the company is finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. Owners of the $200 collector's edition, who wish to receive the proper canvas bag, have to visit the Bethesda Support website and submit a ticket by January 31, 2019. Bethesda will arrange to send affected customers a replacement as soon as the bags are ready. This was done in response to the company issuing cheap nylon bags in the $200 collector's edition of the game instead of the canvas bags shown in advertising and online store shelves.

We are finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. If you purchased the CE, please visit https://beth.games/2QDropM and submit a ticket by Jan. 31, 2019. We'll arrange to send you a replacement as soon as the bags are ready.

2. Dodge245

Dodge245 Limp Gawd

Pretty much what they should have done from the start.

3. Madoc

Madoc Gawd

Doesn't really say much when you do it to avoid legal proceedings due to a bait-and-switch scheme. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't even buy any version of Fallout 76 from them.

SticKx911, Blown Cap, dvsman and 13 others like this.
  4. WBurchnall

WBurchnall 2[H]4U

Maybe they didn't get the quality game they wanted worth $200 but at least they'll get their quality bag....

5. Eshelmen

Eshelmen [H]ardness Supreme

Okay great, the 19 of us who got screwed over by getting the wrong bag, can move on. Nice!

Motley likes this.
  6. ChoGGi

ChoGGi [H]ard|Gawd

I'm curious about the customers who opted for the 500 atoms (or whatever their premium currency is), do they also get the bag? :)

captaindiptoad likes this.
  7. Dodge245

Dodge245 Limp Gawd

Yea good call, hopefully they get the 500 atoms for inconvenience caused and the better bag to fix the root issue.

I agree with the others here though, i have not bought this game, and i have been left with a really bad impression/taste from Bethesda, Im not sure that ill buy any future games from them, and its a shame as i own all previous Fallout's with the exception of New Vegas that just skipped my radar.

8. ChoGGi

ChoGGi [H]ard|Gawd

If it was fallout 4 with co-op, I would've bought it bugs 'n all, but the game they released just looks boring, and reading reviews it is boring...

9. MaZa

MaZa 2[H]4U

So they do have have canvas!

PrkChpXprss likes this.
  10. TorxT3D

TorxT3D Gawd

cheap chinese crap anyways.. ripoff.

mord likes this.
  11. daglesj

daglesj [H]ardness Supreme

I want a settlement siege mode in F4!

PrkChpXprss likes this.
  12. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

Dude, that's the best one!

13. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

To little to late. The entire release has been a shit show. Hope the company burns along with EA and Activision.

Madoc and Vader1975 like this.
  14. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

They've managed to secure blood canvas through back channels in Africa.

15. YeuEmMaiMai

YeuEmMaiMai [H]ardForum Junkie

this is why I do not buy collector item crap for video games....

Patton187 and Vader1975 like this.
  16. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

As my grandmother used to say: Cheaping out is the most expensive option in the long run.

17. Bigshrimp

Bigshrimp Limp Gawd

Plus New Vegas was made by Obsidian. That's why it's so good. :p

18. TMCM

TMCM [H]ard|Gawd

I'd say that FO1 and FO2 are the best :D

BoiseTech and Meeho like this.
  19. Monkey34

Monkey34 [H]ardness Supreme

I'll bet someone is getting a reaming for not changing the image after they decided to go nylon, when it should be the guy who made the nylon decision in the first place.

Vader1975 likes this.
  20. nightanole

nightanole [H]ard|Gawd

How else are you going to learn that iguana bites are not made of iguana?

PrkChpXprss and TMCM like this.
  21. JavaLava

JavaLava [H]Lite

They had no choice on this. With all the publicity and fallout (heh pun) from it...if they didn't replace the bags, they probably would of faced a lawsuit and probably ended up paying more out of it. They probably thought they could cut a few corners and get away with it...but the people spoke and called them on it.

Madoc likes this.
  22. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

This and, maybe even more, FTC rule violations and their fines.

Madoc likes this.
  23. Glock24

Glock24 [H]Lite

Here's your canvas bag. Please don't sue us.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    filip, Madoc and viscountalpha like this.
  24. percydaman

percydaman Limp Gawd

Read somewhere that this doesn't absolve them of their possible crime. Regardless of what they did to correct it with their customers, they still did what they did. But hell, who am I kidding, corporations are never held to the same standard as actual people.

25. Seventyfive

Seventyfive [H]ard|Gawd

I understand people are mad about the bait and switch but, personally, I think I would rather have a nylon bag. They're generally much sturdier. I have a ballistic nylon duffel and that thing has lasted me 15 years of abuse.

I guess Bethesda is used to half assing software and figured half assing a physical good would be fine. Trouble is that even a 70yr old judge can tell when something is half assed in the physical world.

26. Rahh

Rahh [H]ard|Gawd

This company is worse than EA imo..

27. joobjoob

joobjoob Gawd

Finally wastelanders can go to the supermarket!

28. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Gawd

So, the materials magically became available once legal investigations and the threat of a lawsuit arose?

Hmm. Could it be... that maybe... Bethesda............ were lying when they said they couldn't make the bags due to availability of materials (and so obviously not telling customers that and just sending them something different seemed like the best course of action, to Bethesda)?

Madoc likes this.
  29. purple_monster

purple_monster Gawd

imagine paying $200 for a game everyone paid $60. The communists were right all along...

30. katanaD

katanaD [H]ard|Gawd

a $200 collectors edition.. of a game??

seriously??

31. ronin4740

ronin4740 n00b

Really really glad that Mass Effect: Andromeda taught me to stop believing game maker and game site news hype about the next great release in a storied franchise and taught me to wait until the game was actually released to see whether it's good, decent, or, like Fallout 76, sucks Donkey B@lls....

Madoc likes this.
  32. Crackinjahcs

Crackinjahcs Limp Gawd

I actually want these companies to succeed - just not with the business practices they have been using recently. Talking down to your fans and customer base, forcing microtransactions into games and progression systems, forcing developer studios to push games out the door that aren't ready and putting game production on unsustainable timelines are good ways to ruin your brand.

Having large studios backing a few big-budget games can be good for the industry. And while I acknowledge these companies are beholden to their shareholders I hope that when they lose enough money in sales and stock prices they will learn that their primary task should be to make great games. If they do that the money will follow. (And please, stop swallowing up every small studio that has a good idea and ruining them.)

33. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Their "crime". LMAO. Well definitely if you "read it somewhere" then it's gotta be true.

A bag for a toy space helmet that probably got switched out by some chinese supplier somewhere in the pipeline. Yes this developer should totally go to prison - a vacation inside until they learn not to mess with the kinds of virgins that go to bed with their action figures!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  34. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

Yea, there's really two scenarios for it. 1. Canvas in the title of it did not actually provide a material specification for the product. 2. They get a fine.

Or they could just refund the money for the 12 people that ordered this aliexpress crap package.

triwolf likes this.
  35. triwolf

triwolf Gawd

Aren't people and corps great? When you get tired of them manipulating and trashing you with lies, you can begin removing all the knives from your back. Such a fallen world.

If you have any people or companies in your life that actually treat you right, count your blessings, this world is loaded with liars and cheats.

36. Teenk9

Teenk9 Gawd

Did you even see the nylon bag Bethesda included in the CE? That thing wouldn't last anywhere near 15 years. I don't think it would even last 15 uses.

37. Motley

Motley 2[H]4U

LOL 19 huh? I'm thinking who the fuck is spends $200 on bag of shit?

38. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom Gawd

i came to diss '76.... its already been done to pieces in this thread.

39. Westwood Arrakis

Westwood Arrakis Gawd

40. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

"So you guys want to complain about Fallout 76 huh? Well we're gonna leak all your info onto the interwebz!" :-D

Reimu likes this.