Bethesda Reveals Elder Scrolls Online Release Dates

Didn't bother clicking the link, but I am under the impression that you'll have to pay a monthly fee to play this game. If this is true I'm not going to waste my time, but if it's not true then I'll read up on it.

Trailer was pretty ugly. Still amazes me that so many companies use footage that this of their game (with stuttering and low FPS) to show it off. Even without that, however, this game just doesn't seem right to me. I can't quite place it. Maybe it will be good, but I'm still holding on to my reservations about it.

Had access to one of the beta weekends recently... this game is awful.

if the Star Wars brand couldn't save Old Republic then Elder Scrolls has no chance unless they bring something new to the table

A monthly fee! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Go play your fuckin Minecraft.:eek:

In the beta, game is a fucking train wreck

Take Skyrim, charge a monthly fee for a multiplayer mod, that's all this is, not even any leeway, that's literally what it is

In the beta, game is a fucking train wreck

Take Skyrim, charge a monthly fee for a multiplayer mod, that's all this is, not even any leeway, that's literally what it is

Nice try troll. A train wreck? lol people make me sick. I hope the aliens nuke us all from orbit

i actually prefer a monthly fee in hopes that it keeps a lot of garbage people out, but they may just milk the early adopters with the monthly fee and after a few month switch to f2p like so many other games. other than that, the trailer looks awful. the animations are worthy of a ps2.

The trailer wasn't that impressive and wasn't very impressed with the early beta. I've already shared my thoughts here in another forum post.

I've played more polished betas in the past than this, and the graphics are a little underwhelming compared to what's coming out between now and 2015 or 2016. This would have been worth it when released back when World of Warcraft and FFXI was released. And, the game feels less Elder Scrolls and more of a Elder Scrolls tacked on top of existing WoW-like mechanics. Not much about the MMO screams must-play when launched regardless of the early state of the beta. It requires something more than what it is now, or it'll end up like Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Like others have said in the PC Gaming forum thread on this, a co-op multiplayer-based, non-MMO Elder Scrolls game would have been preferred. Something closer to Icewind Dale of yore, and similar games.

Looks like ass, runs like ass, destroys the reasons I love The Elder Scrolls series...

Hey, Bethesda, let me know when the Skyrim sequel is done.

Because I don't give a crap about yet.another.mmo.com.

Looks like ass, runs like ass, destroys the reasons I love The Elder Scrolls series...

Hey, Bethesda, let me know when the Skyrim sequel is done.

Because I don't give a crap about yet.another.mmo.com.

Most MMOs I have seen all look bad, this one at least didn't go totally cartoony on us like WoW et al. I don't get the hate. Not a fan of MMOs myself maybe this is the problem the hard core MMO players will never be impressed the hardcore SP fans will not be impressed and it will create huge amounts of negative publicity that will harm the game. But personally looks fine for an MMO to me.

It always amazes me how companies manage to fuck these kinds of things up. Elder Scrolls Online should be amazing, yet somehow they managed to make it into another dime-a-dozen mediocre MMO.

Hard to care much about Bethesda's work on TES when they're not really evolving or revolutionizing it much. I mean Skyrim takes beautiful screenshots but damn are the gameplay mechanics clunky and reminiscent of games in the 90's.

Based on what I've seen of The Witcher 3 so far, that game's developer (CD Projekt Red) seems to be leading the real evolution of the Skyrim concept, and god help us if Witcher ever turns into a MP online game.

But but, it's in Beta! That could mean the actual game, when it goes gold, will be totally different and better :p

(/sarcasm btw, I played it as well and thought it was a P.O.S, except for that one mob that didn't have any voice acting done yet and kept singing about the cliff racers in a Microsoft Sam voice)

If anyone is investing in Bethesda, the Beta is closer to an Alpha at this stage. I have been or had access to a lot of MMO betas and this one is the buggiest I have ever tried. First week logon scripts didn't work, Second week, load screens crashed the application. These are just minor issues compared to some of the other things going on. There is no way in hell they can release this by spring. Marketing is probably trying to appease investors, but the truth is Bethesda is at least year from having something viable, let alone something people will pay money for.

The video illustrates one of their mechanics that is essentially GW2's WvW... why you would spend money on something you can already get from a solid, established game is beyond my reasoning.

I don't have time for MMOs. I wish they would stick to single player. That is why I like the Elder Scrolls series so much. It gives me a large area to explore on my own time.
I was hoping that they would release a game for each province. Then when all the provinces have been portrayed in a game, they would release a stand alone game that takes place across the entire continent.

Another cool thing they could do is allow it to incorporate your save files from the previous games so that the outcome of the main story that was completed will be reflected in the final game. This would be cool but I am sure that would be very difficult to do if there are many different endings for each individual game.

I don't have time for MMOs. I wish they would stick to single player. That is why I like the Elder Scrolls series so much. It gives me a large area to explore on my own time.
I was hoping that they would release a game for each province. Then when all the provinces have been portrayed in a game, they would release a stand alone game that takes place across the entire continent.

Another cool thing they could do is allow it to incorporate your save files from the previous games so that the outcome of the main story that was completed will be reflected in the final game. This would be cool but I am sure that would be very difficult to do if there are many different endings for each individual game.

This is not made by Bethesda. It is not the next Elderscrolls single player game. Other than that, what is preventing you from exploring this game on your own time? Just because other people play it doesn't mean you have to play with them.

^

The release date shows that they will not be overhauling the combat system (or anything else for that matter), much to a lot of beta testers' dismay. (Forums were FULL of complains, requesting sweeping changes)

The fact that the game has TES in the title will make it sell. The actual game itself is just another average MMORPG that I don't see sustaining itself for very long, like SWTOR and TSW.

To think Wildstar is coming out, which is EVEN WORSE than ESO.. and both are P2P. I do not understand why developers/publishers keep doing this.

Didn't bother clicking the link, but I am under the impression that you'll have to pay a monthly fee to play this game. If this is true I'm not going to waste my time, but if it's not true then I'll read up on it.

You're expecting an MMO to be free?

Back