Bethesda Releases New Wolfenstein: Youngblood Trailer

Modern environments looks nice instead of that Steam Punk or WWII stuff they tried for the last 4 games.

This is the engine that was needed for Fallout.

This is gonna be gud.

Yeah, the ID Tech engine has been very impressive in the last few versions.

The level of graphical fidelity they can do, without needing as beefy a GPU as you'd think has been pretty awesome,

Unfortunately, I don't think they license the engine outside of Zenimax. That said Zenimax DOES own Bethesda as well...

Something tells me I am not going to like this, just based upon this trailer. Looks like Crysis type suits that they are wearing and just a bunch of cussing and swearing thrown in to make it seem "intense." Return to Castle Wolfenstein is where it is at for me.

Twins what not to like not sure if they are identical twins but it worked for Far Cry new Dawn and worked for Army of Two :wideyed:

Man that's not what I expected, two ugly obnoxious girls, no thanks. And the gameplay looks to be salvaged 1:1 from New Colossus, hard pass on that too.

Yeah, the ID Tech engine has been very impressive in the last few versions.

The level of graphical fidelity they can do, without needing as beefy a GPU as you'd think has been pretty awesome,

Unfortunately, I don't think they license the engine outside of Zenimax. That said Zenimax DOES own Bethesda as well...
This game doesn't look any better than new colossus, and that was far from a good looking game, in fact one of the worse looking games I've played.

This game doesn't look any better than new colossus, and that was far from a good looking game, in fact one of the worse looking games I've played.

It wasn't the most visually stunning game, by any stretch of the imagination, but on the flip side it was very light on the GPU.

My Pascal Titan X could actually maintain 60fps at 4kultra settings, something I haven't seen on many other new titles. Same with Doom 2016, and Wolfenstein the New Order. I was pretty impressed with the engine performance.

I bet a large part of it has to do with a well made Vulkan implementation.

go girl power!! :rolleyes:

Get these femoids out of my games!!!!!!1

I do not care that it has girls as the primary characters nor do I mind the intensity they could bring to the plot. However, it feels like the plot is rather forced and the intensity is not all that hair raising, at least from what I think of the trailer.

Man that's not what I expected, two ugly obnoxious girls, no thanks. And the gameplay looks to be salvaged 1:1 from New Colossus, hard pass on that too.

Right, compared to the previous Wolfenstein, New Colossus hit the "annoy the fuck out of me" wall so fast, that I have no delusions that I will ever be picking the game up and continuing.

Unlike the previous game, where early on there were a dozen or less guards to dodge or kill in each checkpoint area (in the first half of the game). But in the latest Edition, they decided to go full-out mob on you from the second chapter. In one area, I couldn't help but trigger the alarm because the streets were paved with guards, and that unleashed the hell hounds.

I think I killed two to three dozen idiots rushing me, and they were still coming once I died. Tried it over-and-over, with no trick of getting by. It is no-longer a sneak shooter, and is instead a "kill all these mobs" game now.

That, on top of the fact that you spend the game with half the damn health of the previous one just kills it for me. I won't buy this unless it hits the $5 bin.

Last edited:
Rental or $10 game bundle. I barely got through the last one. Makes for a good looking trailer tho.

See? Annoying teen girls can be mass murderers too!

I think they went full SJW in this one.
Yep....No money from me this go round! Ill wait for the free or 5 dollar version if even then....let the liberal teenage females buy a million copys! ill have to skip it out of principle for the most part

Here's the synthwave song they used in the trailer:

This game is ridiculous, glorious, and takes place in 1980 - fuck yeah!!! :cool:

Won't be touching this. Old blood and new order were outstanding. The latest one was fairly garbage, and this one looks even worse, honestly. Which is a shame, because it had at one point the potential to be a really solid trilogy.

The subject matter and protagonists don't bother me in this, but this trailer does make it feel very "try hard".

I had major issues with New Colossus, none of which had anything to do with the plot or "SJW" content or whatever, but it just became un-fun to play about halfway through. The Courtroom level was just pure bullshit. defaultluser outlines it pretty well above.

I don't think I ever finished New Colossus, come to think about it.

I do like how this one has the "Buddy Pass", that's a cool idea for co-op (something Nintendo has done with 3DS games like Mario Kart for a long time).

New Colossus was garbage in just so many ways. The level design was bad, the gameplay was somehow a downgrade from new order, and generally the story was pretty weak.

It just didn't have the magic that New Order had. New Order had outstanding level design, solid gunplay/feel, and a cool story along with cool locations.

Also, I don't know how, but the graphics in New Order at times looked better, it had higher quality texture art/models for a lot of things.

So 2 player co-op? If so that seems awesome, at least that's what my take away was.

Reactions: Youn
like this
Their faces and voices are annoying, like diakatana annoying... shame too because I like strong baddass female characters

Could still be fun despite that

Right, compared to the previous Wolfenstein, New Colossus hit the "annoy the fuck out of me" wall so fast, that I have no delusions that I will ever be picking the game up and continuing..
Yeah, the first one was an enjoyable throwback to older style shooters, it was satirical but still enjoyable on the story level. The second was obnoxious and stupid as hell. Like this one it seems. These game designers don't understand good design. Making characters completely over the top obnoxious won't make them better, or likeable. SJW character design at its peak. I've encountered it in books, I've seen it in movies, now it infiltrated games as well. The future of entertainment doesn't look very entertaining.

So 2 player co-op? If so that seems awesome, at least that's what my take away was.

Yeah, and if you get the deluxe edition it sounds like your co-op partner doesn't even have to own the game. Though I am not sure how that will work with Steam, exactly.

Something tells me I am not going to like this, just based upon this trailer. Looks like Crysis type suits that they are wearing and just a bunch of cussing and swearing thrown in to make it seem "intense." Return to Castle Wolfenstein is where it is at for me.

Was thinking the same thing... Just let me play as a silent or nearly silent character who just kills everything in sight without the Hollywood crap storyline rife with drama, swearing, politics, blahblahblah... This is just junk using the Wolfenstein name. We're sorely missing games like RTCW... Not to mention the few popular multiplayer maps in that game lived on for years, nothing in this game will.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, and if you get the deluxe edition it sounds like your co-op partner doesn't even have to own the game. Though I am not sure how that will work with Steam, exactly.

It is my understanding you'll be given a "Buddy Key" you can dole out to whomever you choose. I'm guessing it will be activated on Steam like anything else. Owners of the "Full" game can start a solo or co/op gameplay campaign etc... but those with "Buddy" keys can probably not play through solo and instead can signal they want to start/join a co-op campaign. When you either find a pre-arranged friend (or perhaps a random game search) of someone with a Full Key who also wants to start a game, you'll each be given the chance to check yes or no based on game parameters. I expect it will be implemented something like this.

The only thing I'm unsure about is progression - HOPEFULLY if they're putting further RPG-style progression/upgrades (like entire series had, but probably more influence from Arkane Studios titles like Dishonored) that the Buddy Key player can still get credit for upgrades/features independently, as they are done through play itself (ie Kill X officers silently) so they should "count". Perhaps both characters work towards one set of upgrades (ie if one player executes a guard silently, both get a silent kill credit etc...), so that both sides can work together so to speak and there's no potential "Kill stealing" or "I needed to melee those 5 guys, why did you shoot them" nonsense.

This is actually a really good idea if they're going in with the idea of a Co-Op game. First, it is a great feature for the Deluxe edition that in addition to the skins and fancy cosmetics, you're getting a $10 key that lets someone else play through the entire game as long as they're with a Full game owner. This is not a bad prospect as many know a friend who will play with them if they give them a key, yet may not buy the full game themselves. It also solves the question on the studio of "If you're doing a co-op game, but many people play through solo with a dummy AI they may not enjoy it as much". I expect for non Deluxe owners, there will be a $10 Buddy Key purchased as DLC for those who wish. Overall a well thought out idea, I figure.

It is my understanding you'll be given a "Buddy Key" you can dole out to whomever you choose. I'm guessing it will be activated on Steam like anything else. Owners of the "Full" game can start a solo or co/op gameplay campaign etc... but those with "Buddy" keys can probably not play through solo and instead can signal they want to start/join a co-op campaign. When you either find a pre-arranged friend (or perhaps a random game search) of someone with a Full Key who also wants to start a game, you'll each be given the chance to check yes or no based on game parameters. I expect it will be implemented something like this.

This is actually a really good idea if they're going in with the idea of a Co-Op game. First, it is a great feature for the Deluxe edition that in addition to the skins and fancy cosmetics, you're getting a $10 key that lets someone else play through the entire game as long as they're with a Full game owner. This is not a bad prospect as many know a friend who will play with them if they give them a key, yet may not buy the full game themselves. It also solves the question on the studio of "If you're doing a co-op game, but many people play through solo with a dummy AI they may not enjoy it as much". I expect for non Deluxe owners, there will be a $10 Buddy Key purchased as DLC for those who wish. Overall a well thought out idea, I figure.

Yeah, that's probably about right. My only issue with that implementation is that you'd only be able to ever have ONE "buddy" account to play with.

Yeah, that's probably about right. My only issue with that implementation is that you'd only be able to ever have ONE "buddy" account to play with.

Hopefully they won't do it quite that way. As I was expanding on it, perhaps a "Buddy" key can hook up and play with ANY "Full" key? Thats probably the best way to get a healthy density of players in co-op. Binding it specifically to one other key "Master/Slave" wouldn't be a good idea I admit; at least not as good as the other way

Back