Bethesda Press Conference at E3 2018 8PM CDT

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Bethesda is starting their E3 2018 press conference at 8:30PM CDT. It is all being streamed live on Twitch. The talking heads have already started the pre-PR conference warmup.

Live Stream.

Last edited:
Now they are getting into the meat and potatoes...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Rage 2 ... I'm not into twitch, but this looks like good fun. Very positive feelings about this game.

Legends card game... Bleh.

Elder Scrolls Online ... Well, I probably going to play it anyway, so it would be unfair for me to comment.

Doom Eternal - interesting, but obviously not this year, probably not until fall 2019.

Quake Champions ... Again, not gonna play it, so it doesn't matter to me.

Prey: Mooncrash DLC. I liked Prey, but I'm worried about this one. I don't like speed tests.

Wolfenstein Youngbloods ... Uh ... Well, we'll see. Not much information there.

Fallout 76. Fuck me. Just fuck me. My favorite game of all favorite games. I don't want to meet other people. I just want to play the game however I want at my own pace. I want my mods.

Ok, they announce Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI, and they sort of imply those will be single player games. There is a small hope for the future.

Last edited:
Meah and double bleh.
I couldn't get into Rage 1... but I suck bad at driving games
Card game? Nope
Elder Scrolls Online... ok
(no more MMORPGs for me - just barely escaped WOW)
Doom Eternal - interesting (looks like a 2019 release)
Quake Champions - is it just me or do the graphics look retro, ala Quake I?
Prey Mooncrash - what did I just watch??? Not for me
Wolfenstein Youngblood - looks like extremely early code for 2019
Stuff on VR... {snooze}
At last - Fallout:76.....

Last edited:
Skyrim Very Special Edition - LOL!
Same F:76 trailer they played at the MS show earlier today :/
+ a new shorter one :)
Damn.... it's ^&@*# Fallout Online :(
@%%#&^ Multiplayer :(
Building stuff looks straight from F4, same models
Online server based = NO MODS

Last edited:
If it can be played offline then I'm in. Otherwise no thanks.

Mixed feelings tilting slight positive on Fallout. Still got questions. We'll see. I think we all knew this wasn't going to be a traditional entry.

Aaaaaand Fallout 76 a PVP open world survival MMO. With crafting.

About what I expected.

All my hopes were in a suprise Starfield announcement, but that was a long shot anyway.

EDIT: And Elder Scrolls on iOS!

Ok, I admit, I'm not suprised, but I did not see that coming.

The audience is dead silent, lol.

Skyrim for mobile phones? What a waste of development resources
Where is the next Elder Scrolls game???
/sigh

Aaaaaand Fallout 76 a PVP open world survival MMO. With crafting.

About what I expected.

All my hopes were in a suprise Starfield announcement, but that was a long shot anyway.

Starfield was probably just the code name for it

The complete lack of enthusiasm from the crowd for the mobile Elder Scrolls game. I mean, they take the piss out of themselves by doing the "very special Skyrim edition" and then follow through by releasing yet another version anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Skyrim for mobile phones? What a waste of development resources
Where is the next Elder Scrolls game???
/sigh

Skyrim on mobile phones would be way better. Based on that trailer, Blades looks like the combat without the lore or worldbuilding, which is the whole point of TES.

They took the part that no one likes, and distilled it down :(

At least they confirmed Starfield and the next ES. So I got something out of that presentation, albeit with basically no detail whatsoever other than the order the games will be released. I know I'm being picky, but damn I was hoping that they'd surprise me and give me a Fallout 4 sequel/expansion.

You called it...

YES! Elder Scrolls VI (late 2019/20) - looks like a new engine (Starfield?)

Wait, did they announce a year or are you just spitballing?

I'd bet they're both 2 more E3s away (which is kinda disappointing), but I'd love to be wrong.

At least they confirmed Starfield and the next ES. So I got something out of that presentation, albeit with basically no detail whatsoever other than the order the games will be released. I know I'm being picky, but damn I was hoping that they'd surprise me and give me a Fallout 4 sequel/expansion.

I'd have enjoyed a third-party expansion to F4 - wishfully done by Obsidian just like F:NV... or a Special Edition of New Vegas with 64bit graphics, ala Skyrim SE
/not this year

I'd have enjoyed a third-party expansion to F4 - wishfully done by Obsidian just like F:NV... or a Special Edition of New Vegas with 64bit graphics, ala Skyrim SE
/not this year

I don't think an NV re-release is feasable (aka it wouldn't be an easy, cheap port), since NV basically used Oblivion's engine. There were to many changes between that and Skyrim.

Obsidian DLC is a genius idea though.

Rage 2: I enjoyed Rage 1 after they patched it a couple of times. Rage 2 appears to be fun-filled but I hope they don't have the bugs on release as Rage 1 had.

Legends: Played it a few times but couldn't really get into the game.

Doom Eternal: Too far off for me to get excited about it.

Quake Champions: Looks interesting since they seemed to have gone retro with the graphics.

Prey Mooncrash DLC: Haven't played Prey, doesn't interest me.

Wolfenstein Youngbloods: Another game that is piquing my interest. I'll have to find more info.

Fallout 76: Mixed but in a positive way. Could be fun with the right, non assholish, people playing together.

Could be fun with the right non assholish said:
Sure... I applaud your optimism.
Any bets that within a month most server pops have turned into 'Darktide' or 'Mordred'?
/pvp with !@#$% nukes

Back