Bethesda Honors Fallout 4 Pre-Order Paid In Bottle Caps

While it was cool of Bethesda to do it, they really didn't have to. I didn't care for the way the bottle cap guy went about doing this little PR stunt. He didn't have to go all over social media promoting his sending of bottle caps to force Bethesdas hand.

While it was cool of Bethesda to do it, they really didn't have to. I didn't care for the way the bottle cap guy went about doing this little PR stunt. He didn't have to go all over social media promoting his sending of bottle caps to force Bethesdas hand.

Well I'm sure Bethasda's marketing group will turn this into their publicity machine. Not like it cost them anything, WIN-WIN

I figured they'd honor it. No reason not to, really, for a die-hard fan.

Never played the game. Don't understand the reference, but I love that they're giving him the game. Costs them almost nothing and buys them all kinds of good will.

Never played the game. Don't understand the reference, but I love that they're giving him the game. Costs them almost nothing and buys them all kinds of good will.
The currency of choice in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the Fallout universe is literally bottle caps.

The currency of choice in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the Fallout universe is literally bottle caps.

Bethesda honoring the pre-order is cool. The positive publicity from this event should only further increase normal pre-orders. You almost have to wonder if it wasn't a stunt carefully orchestrated by their marketing team.

I would kill for a Nuka Cola right about now.

Key phrase is what many people might miss when they start paying the USPS a ton of money to send in 10 pounds of bottle caps "For being the first"

I didn't care for the way the bottle cap guy went about doing this little PR stunt. He didn't have to go all over social media promoting his sending of bottle caps to force Bethesdas hand.

This. They pretty much had to give him a copy for free or suffer a huge pr backlash. If the guy wasn't in it just for a free copy he should have waited for a response before posting.

Notice the "being first" comment to prevent people from taking advantage of them. I was wondering how they were going to handle this without having to give out thousands of free copies.

I hope they give him an autographed copy of whatever mega limited edition they may sell & send him codes for any upcoming DLC

Key phrase is what many people might miss when they start paying the USPS a ton of money to send in 10 pounds of bottle caps "For being the first"
Yup! This guy gets it for trying and making a splash about it, now no one else do it.

I was actually just thinking this the other day

"I wonder if Bethseda will be nice guys and give that bottle cap guy an actually game"

Yep, this smacks of the old-school Bethesda, as in Elder Scrolls : Arena era Bethesda.

The amount of PR this generates is easily worth way over the 60$ or even the 150-200$ that a pip-boy edition may cost. Bethesda made out with EXCELLENT PR over this.

It may even have been an engineered stunt?
Funny regardless.

I don't think he was really trying to force them into anything. The only way it would be worth it to Bethesda is if it got them free press. He generated free press. Bethesda got even more page space from this than the most expensive game bundle would buy. They wait a bit and get even more by saying yes.

Heck, my first thought wasn't if this was fair, it was if the guy with the bottle caps wasn't just some Bethesda social marketing shill.

The amount of PR this generates is easily worth way over the 60$ or even the 150-200$ that a pip-boy edition may cost. Bethesda made out with EXCELLENT PR over this.

The guy was still an asshat for making a big stunt out fo the entire thing.

The guy was still an asshat for making a big stunt out fo the entire thing.

I bet Bethesda is glad he did. As the person above said, they got 2 rounds of free PR from this. I'm not even sure why what he did was an asshat move. Whether he got anything or not, it was funny that he did it

Back