Bethesda Details Fallout 76 Patch Schedule and Faces Backlash Over Bags

That huge class action for the 72 people that bought the collectors edition and were dumb enough to do so in the first place? Yep for nylon vs canvas bags. Good luck with that... every tort lawyer would laugh in their dumb faces.

Punitive damages, for false advertising/ bait and switch. Should be an easy case as Bethesda has done this before as well. There already is a law-firm that is chewing at the bit in regards to all this hubbub.

Off-topic, but this is why I stayed at 16:9.

I think I'd prefer 21:9 for gaming, but support just seems so miserable.

Believe it or not, it's not bad at all, almost every modern studio has 21:9 support, even old games like Kingdoms of Amalaur and some older games support it, which all together makes this baffling. I will say this I prefer 21:9 1440p over 4k 16:9 because the scaling issues are/were worse than the ultrawide issues I've encountered now when we get 21:9 and 4k at 120htz then we can have all the issues....
Lol

I wouldn't disagree with 'more', but we need 'nearly all' alongside 'all AAA' titles.

Oh I certainly agree.

In fact, even a game that's isometric or top down map strategy type RTS games could go the extra mile and offer improved use of the real-estate. I think it's way past time for developers to stop asking themselves "what must they provide" and get back to asking themselves "what more can I provide".

Here is a video from Leonard French trying to help people with basic guidelines in case you got the collector's edition and was told that you couldn't get a refund after the bait and switch.

Reactions: Reimu
like this
game is dead on arrival. it would be cheaper to just make a whole new game then try to keep using the same tired old engine from 2008

According to "MacLeod life cycle of the firm." Old corporations are incapable of reform without a forced major purge. Think OCZ circa 2002.

compLifeCycle.jpg

game is dead on arrival. it would be cheaper to just make a whole new game then try to keep using the same tired old engine from 2008

I don't agree at all.

Look, I preordered, I knew it would be a different game experience than previous Fallout games.

I played it and didn't like it. I returned it, got my money back.

But that doesn't mean that I think it's a dead game cause I have a buddy at work that's enjoying it as I am absolutely certain others are enjoying it ..... others ..... not me.

Of course their sales figures are not great at all. Will it be profitable ?, maybe. Will it take any awards?, None that Bethesda is likely to want.

But I wouldn't say the game is dead.

You might be right about the old engine, but I can't say because that isn't my business.

I don't agree at all.

Look, I preordered, I knew it would be a different game experience than previous Fallout games.

I played it and didn't like it. I returned it, got my money back.

But that doesn't mean that I think it's a dead game cause I have a buddy at work that's enjoying it as I am absolutely certain others are enjoying it ..... others ..... not me.

Of course their sales figures are not great at all. Will it be profitable ?, maybe. Will it take any awards?, None that Bethesda is likely to want.

But I wouldn't say the game is dead.

You might be right about the old engine, but I can't say because that isn't my business.

oof

Curiously, gaming is probably the only industry where this kind of behavior is tolerated. In any other industry a company releasing half-assed barely functional products would go out of business. This must change.

And you know, to make matters worse, not only are we dealing with this half ass shit-show with software but also dealing with similar retardation in the hardware sector as well. Flaming "escaped test sample" $1200 2080Ti's anyone? Fucking RIDICULOUS.

Bethesda probably put a nylon bag in the box expecting modders to upgrade it to canvas.

lol!

Yeah, after the modders get done with the canvas mod Bethesda will take it and implement it in their next game, ala Wasteland Settler -> Fallout 4

I don't know why Bethesda doesn't hire better people or give their developers more time to make things right instead of pushing out products that are broken on release. Many people wonder why they can't just incorporate what modders have done into their releases. Its not because Bethesda's too retarded to do it but rather a legal issue. If I make texture mods for a game, or create scripting for a game I actually own the rights to whatever work I've done. Bethesda would have to pay me for my work even though they own the game and all its original code. Whatever I make on my own time with my tools and software belongs to me.

Here is a video from Leonard French trying to help people with basic guidelines in case you got the collector's edition and was told that you couldn't get a refund after the bait and switch.

This needs to be posted everywhere.

Back