Bethesda Bans Fallout 76 Players for Life after Shocking In-Game Homophobic Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This reflects well on this board. So many deflecting and condoning their actions.

What is should be: 35 posts of good riddance.

What it is: Sad

Dude did you even read it.
That shit is hilarious.

Too many hurt feelings now a days. Why are people sad who knows, maybe it's because they don't have to do back braking labor 12 hours a day just to survive anymore.

I got really angry too. These guys were running around targeting people and what if they targeted a kid playing that was struggling with their identity? What if they said all those things to someone that was playing solo and didn't have anyone to talk to?”

Option 1: Log out
Option 2: WWWAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Why not just disable their chat ability for a good long while, if not permanently?

They are assholes, but they are also customers that PURCHASED the game.

Why not just disable their chat ability for a good long while, if not permanently?

They are assholes, but they are also customers that PURCHASED the game.

True, but this is an online game owned and operated by a corporation. This isn't truly "in public". You have to conform to their rules in their game/service.

asshole noun
ass·hole | \ˈas-ˌ(h)ōl \
Definition of asshole
1 usually vulgar : ANUS
2a usually vulgar : a stupid, annoying, or detestable person
b usually vulgar : the least attractive or desirable part or area —used in phrases like asshole of the world
First Known Use of asshole
14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1

Yeah, it's an insult.
World could use a few good assholes, too much crap in the world. ;)

Bethesda: "We're gonna make an online game, but we don't want any player vs player interaction or vulgar behavior".

Me:
hmm.gif

Similar situation with BFV and its heavily filtered chat.

These companies act like the Internet is a new thing, like they can somehow wave a magic wand and make all the bad people go away. Living in a fantasy world they are.

Maybe if they came out of their Ivory Tower every now and then....

The irony of people coming into this thread complaining about people getting upset too easily, yet they're complaining because some homophobic trolls got banned from a video game for their actions. I mean, unless I've missed part of the story, the victims aren't demanding millions in compensation from Bethesda and starting protest marches here. Some small minded idiots acted like dicks and were given a proportionate punishment. Where the fuck is the controversy here?

Maybe they were offended by complaining dudes running around in their underwear mindlessly slaughtering the poor mutant scorch people, rabid mutant dogs and gophers.

"In the moment, I was just in shock," he said. "It was disgusting. The three of us stream and put ourselves out there on the internet and are not strangers to homophobic comments but this was so extreme. We talked about what happened, made sure we were all okay, and kept playing. The rest of the night I just felt drained. It was a weird feeling.

"I got really angry too. These guys were running around targeting people and what if they targeted a kid playing that was struggling with their identity? What if they said all those things to someone that was playing solo and didn't have anyone to talk to? That can really mess someone up.

If, if, if. These wusses should never ever play GTA5 online. They might have a real reason to complain about hackers, name callers etc.. FO76 is a multiplayer game so incomplete and poorly thought out they LAUNCHED IT WITHOUT PUSH TO TALK options. Your mic is live all the time. In the beta I literally had 3 different people in the first town echoing their own gameplay thru their mics while I could hear them shooting up the street or the game music with a nice 2-3 second delay. Oh, and there is no text chat either. But apparently these crybabies didn't just ban the asshats on mic, not engage in pvp (you have to return fire) and jump servers which at least those options are in the "game".

Kudos for that one kid saying he won't apologize.

True, but this is an online game owned and operated by a corporation. This isn't truly "in public". You have to conform to their rules in their game/service.

Yep...I was literally just searching for (and found) the CoC, which specifically mentions harassment based on Federally protected statuses, including sexual orientation:

https://bethesda.net/en/document/co...74.472200035.1543700003-1412532078.1543700003

Permaban is absolutely the proper corrective action here, especially since these assholes were required to agree to it before even installing the game and playing it.

I would create a separate account just to play this game in case they banned me,

i would not risk getting a red mark on my main profile for this pos game

Dude did you even read it.
That shit is hilarious.

Too many hurt feelings now a days. Why are people sad who knows, maybe it's because they don't have to do back braking labor 12 hours a day just to survive anymore.

False equivalency. Maybe they're afraid to leave their house because bullies called them queer or sissy their whole life. They enter a game where everyone is relatively equal and the same subjugation happens there.

How physical someone is is relevant.

Kids being kids...
On the other hand, the game is so bare of interesting content that trolling pvp is probably the highlight of the game

I didn't realize sexual orientation was a federally protected status. Not that I condone anything that happened here, just pointing that out.

The only way I can think to fix it is to give sensitive types their own safespace server or go back to running private servers. Of course this won't satisfy some because that's not what its really about.

That's exactly what we need, a large AAA game with a giant AAA budget that is 100% safe for every single sort of person on the planet. Safe Space - The Game.

Maybe something like watching paint dry on a safe space wall - choose your color. No mention of what the wall is made of or how big it is or if you are not allowed on one side or the other . . . crap. Nope, that won't work.

Maybe those offended by the gay bashing can set up a gofundme for Bethesda to make a post apocalyptic safe space game. Maybe focus on all the good stuff way after the events of Armageddon, when Christ returns and you can play as one of the Saints that rule until the final judgement? Wait, that won't work, either.

I didn't realize sexual orientation was a federally protected status. Not that I condone anything that happened here, just pointing that out.

Title VII of the Civil Right Act, and the Court interpretation of it, deems sexual orientation a protected status/class.

Screenshot_2018-12-01-16-16-22.jpg

Last edited:
False equivalency. Maybe they're afraid to leave their house because bullies called them queer or sissy their whole life. They enter a game where everyone is relatively equal and the same subjugation happens there.

How physical someone is is relevant.

I am not equating anything to anything else. Just stating people have to much time on their hands as well as generally having it too easy and needs something to complain/be outraged over/cry about.
The mental fortitude of an individual is subjective, that being said if they can't handle something and are in a situation that they can easily leave why not leave?
There is nothing physical online making physicality irrelevant, it's all mental. Now if someone needs help mentally they should get some help.

Last edited:
Wow. This reflects well on this board. So many deflecting and condoning their actions.

What is should be: 35 posts of good riddance.

What it is: Sad

Let's see- They play a game where murder is acceptable, even encouraged, but, an opinion of anothers in game behavior is a problem? Because it may hurt their feelings that their lifestyle and/or real life "identity" is not condoned by others? Yes, it is sad.

Mute, leave the server, move the fuck on.

I am not equating anything to anything else. Just stating people have to much time on their hands as well as generally having it too easy and needs something to complain/be outraged over/cry about.
The mental fortitude of an individual is subjective, that being said if they can't handle something and are in a situation that they can easily leave why not leave?
There is nothing physical online making it physicality irrelevant, it's all mental. Now if someone needs help mentally they should get some help.

Maybe people who are so sensitive shouldn't be playing a game about killing people at all. Their G rated world view does not fit in the 17+ Mature rating for the game.

Or, more likely, the online rating should be strait up AO or there should be a level above that - like YWBO.

Yep...I was literally just searching for (and found) the CoC, which specifically mentions harassment based on Federally protected statuses, including sexual orientation:

https://bethesda.net/en/document/co...74.472200035.1543700003-1412532078.1543700003

Permaban is absolutely the proper corrective action here, especially since these assholes were required to agree to it before even installing the game and playing it.

Bethesda is free to do what they like. Good for them. If you are going to have rules then you need to abide by them.

I don't think I read anyone disagreeing with the action Bethesda took - just largely amused by the whole thing.

There is nothing physical online making it physicality irrelevant, it's all mental. Now if someone needs help mentally they should get some help.

Victim blame much. So the person getting harassed online should leave? You have it backwards. They specifically targeted an individual who paid for the game. The TOS is on their side as is the outcome.

In the end you infer that the victim should get help. Drag knuckles much.

Let's see- They play a game where murder is acceptable, even encouraged, but, an opinion of anothers in game behavior is a problem? Because it may hurt their feelings that their lifestyle and/or real life "identity" is not condoned by others? Yes, it is sad.

Because the point of SJW and or do gooding is increasing the mortality rate of humans.

Right to choice to kill more humans.
Right to sexual orientation to increase suicide rates to kill more humans.
Ban DDT to cause guaranteed death and birth defects caused by insects through disease to kill more humans.
Diversity to create conflict to kill more humans.
Not cleaning up to cause mass fires to kill more humans.

They don't care about anyone they are claiming to protect, they are happiest when humans die.

Here is the real issue: "and what if they targeted a kid playing that was struggling with their identity?".

Why is a kid playing a 17+ Mature rated game?

In an RP sense, this probably happened a lot in the Fallout world. But , Bethesda didn't make a Fallout game, they made a Skinned Fortnite game.

Victim blame much. So the person getting harassed online should leave? You have it backwards. They specifically targeted an individual who paid for the game. The TOS is on their side as is the outcome.

Victim looks like they are crying out for help.

Therefore, they need help.

Bethesda is helping.

Problem solved.

We good?

Mute, leave the server, move the fuck on.

Record, Report, Educate, Remove

You may think I am blaming the "victim" but I am not. If someone is in metaphorical fire (to them mentally) why should they stay in that fire? I can't think of a good reason maybe you can enlighten me.
And I don't infer that someone should get help, they literally should get help.

In regards to why I think people are super offended: they have to much time on their hands, that is my opinion.

As far as braking the TOS, if someone brakes it they get banned.

Last edited:
So, if a white player shoots and kills a black player do they get permabanned?

Asking for a friend.

If there is banter between the players that goes against the FO76 CoC in a racist manner, then the banter would be what results in it being a hateful act...

Bethesda is free to do what they like. Good for them. If you are going to have rules then you need to abide by them.

I don't think I read anyone disagreeing with the action Bethesda took - just largely amused by the whole thing.

Exactly the same as my point...see the last sentence I typed from what you quoted. :)

Title XII of the Civil Right Act, and the Court interpretation of it, deems sexual orientation a protected status/class.

IANAL however doesn't that just apply to government jobs and college/universities

It's also Title VII not XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back