Bethesda and Behaviour Interactive Resolve Claims Related to Westworld Mobile Game

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Bethesda Softworks and Behaviour Interactive jointly announced today that the parties have amicably resolved the lawsuit Bethesda brought against Behaviour and others related to the Fallout Shelter and Westworld mobile games. Originally Bethesda accused Behaviour Interactive of stealing its Fallout Shelter code to create the Westworld mobile game. It was evident to Bethesda that the code was blatantly ripped off as not only did the Westworld game have the same features as Fallout Shelter; it had the same bugs! Behaviour Interactive had been contracted by Bethesda to create Fallout Shelter before it would go on to create Westworld for Warner Bros.

BETHESDA AND BEHAVIOUR INTERACTIVE RESOLVE CLAIMS

ROCKVILLE, Md. (Jan. 3, 2019) -- Bethesda Softworks and Behaviour Interactive jointly announced today that the parties have amicably resolved the lawsuit Bethesda brought against Behaviour and others related to the Fallout Shelter and Westworld mobile games.

Several years ago, we made an app for a company. We get a legal note a few months later claiming we stole graphics out of another app. Since we had a graphics artist in our employ, I knew this other company was in the wrong.
I download the rival app and compare images - couldn't believe it. The same freaking image! I interviewed the employee that did it - at first they denied it. When I showed the side-by-side, the color drained from her face. Obviously, we no longer needed her services...(How she thought she could get out of this, I wonder...)
In my example, none of us had any knowledge of the image that was stolen from a rival app (although to her credit, she did blot out the logo they used and put ours in its place, I guess she did something after all!) I certainly hope it was a rogue employee and not known internally.
To finish up my tale, we had to get another image (and a new graphic artist) and repost our app. Apple pulled our app over the dispute (rightly so) until we fixed the problem.

Bethesda identified their code by the bugs... well well well

Judge - you think they used your code because of s few similar bugs?

Bethesda - No, we are Bethesda. We think they used our code because we noticed several thousand identical bugs... In the first few minutes of the game... while still in the intro...

Back