BETA 62.20 driver working fine here...

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
I was having a serious speed issue in Far Cry, namely, IQ was great but framerate was LAME when outdoors....I mean we are talking in the 20's even with NO fsaa and af on, even at low resolutions...I tried different drivers for the card, game settings, etc...no luck. Saw some people reporting the new beta driver, so I decided to fix it...you still have to add the hack for SM3.0 support in these drivers...

I am having GREAT results with these things....improved framerate, not so much better highs, but it never, ever gets as low as it was before....even big outdoor action I maintain mid 30's with 4X FSAA and AF...before I was in the mid teens using 2x FSAA or even NONE....I am not even using the SM3.0 path yet...it runs so smooth at this point I am afraid to touch it I will try it however just for grins since all it takes is a simple command line add-on. And smooth....smooth...

I did several things, very extensive, to get this to work.

1) uninstalled ALL Nvidia drivers, including my chipset, ran Drivercleaner

2) rebooted and performed a "repair install" of Windows XP

3) installed SP2 RC1 (build 2049) to get DX9C

4) installed the latest NForce2 chipset drivers

5) modified the .inf file to have SM3.0 support available and installed the 62.20's

6) totally reinstalled Far Cry and patched straight to 1.2

7) clocked my GT back to 400/1100 "because it can"

Now THIS is the creamy goodness I was after...

I was using 62.11 before 61.76 came out on nvidia's site. I didn't get slowdowns in Far Cry in outdoor areas with 62.11, but I also had not installed DX9.0c or the FC 1.2 patch yet. It didn't require anything special.

I'm still using 61.76 because they work fine right now.

TheRapture said:
I was having a serious speed issue in Far Cry, namely, IQ was great but framerate was LAME when outdoors....I mean we are talking in the 20's even with NO fsaa and af on, even at low resolutions...I tried different drivers for the card, game settings, etc...no luck. Saw some people reporting the new beta driver, so I decided to fix it...you still have to add the hack for SM3.0 support in these drivers...

I am having GREAT results with these things....improved framerate, not so much better highs, but it never, ever gets as low as it was before....even big outdoor action I maintain mid 30's with 4X FSAA and AF...before I was in the mid teens using 2x FSAA or even NONE....I am not even using the SM3.0 path yet...it runs so smooth at this point I am afraid to touch it I will try it however just for grins since all it takes is a simple command line add-on. And smooth....smooth...

I did several things, very extensive, to get this to work.

1) uninstalled ALL Nvidia drivers, including my chipset, ran Drivercleaner

2) rebooted and performed a "repair install" of Windows XP

3) installed SP2 RC1 (build 2049) to get DX9C

4) installed the latest NForce2 chipset drivers

5) modified the .inf file to have SM3.0 support available and installed the 62.20's

6) totally reinstalled Far Cry and patched straight to 1.2

7) clocked my GT back to 400/1100 "because it can"

Now THIS is the creamy goodness I was after...

62.20 caused Halo to crash when changing resolutions for me...

G

Back