BestBuy sale on 6800

wow, that was done fast. Ultra's sold out, gone.

the GT is still a good deal, providing they will actually get them. don't trust BB or CrapUsa, which is why I went $399 from an in-stock company.

And they won't honor the sale price for their preorders. My card shipped via overnight shipping, and it isn't even here yet.

But BB won't honor the sale price on my card. They told me if I didn't want the card I should return it to the store. Since I can't place a "sale" order I'm out of luck.

The customer service rep wouldn't even let me speak with a supervisor.

Sounds like a pretty poor way to treat your customers.

B

brentsg, call your CC company and dispute. If they don't honor the price, it's fraud. it's a sale, not a typo.

raz-0 said:
brentsg, call your CC company and dispute. If they don't honor the price, it's fraud. it's a sale, not a typo.
No, it is not like that. His card has already shipped. As far as Best Buy is concerned, his order is complete. They offer no online price guarantee either, so there is nothing he can really do. I am in the same boat.

Scott

raz-0 said:
CC doesnt have to honor the price if they are out of stock or if its an online price or if they just plain dont feel like it, i work there :p

My BestBuy's BFG 6800 GT preorder went from shipping on:

7/01/04 to
7/06/04 to
7/07/04 to
backordered.

I would not ever buy anything from them again, unless it's rediculously cheap just so I can make them lose money.

EDIT:

BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra / GT prices are up again.

Yeh, this is getting really poor. They better ship today 7/6... BFG marketing rep claimed BB was shipped the GTs on 6/25. Where are they?

tranCendenZ said:
Yeh, this is getting really poor. They better ship today 7/6... BFG marketing rep claimed BB was shipped the GTs on 6/25. Where are they?

They probably sold those cards to the chumps that bought them for full price plus tax :mad: Then pushed everyone else, especially those that got on the sale, way back on the line.

Unit-0 said:
They probably sold those cards to the chumps that bought them for full price plus tax :mad: Then pushed everyone else, especially those that got on the sale, way back on the line.

I don't think so man, I haven't heard of a single person on the web who got any 6800gt from best buy. There are even some on nvnews who ordered full price and did not get them.

Yeah, I did call the CC company and there isn't much they can do. They basically told me that BB is treating me (and other customers) like crap but it's nothing I can dispute.

Now, if they had the sale price on my card the day it shipped -maybe-.

They said it is common to charge full price to be guaranteed an item as soon as it's released, then charge a lower price once they become available. That wasn't BB's intent, but it's a gray area.

I will still go to the BB store and raise hell. I spend a bunch of bucks there and have a couple of family friends that work there. It's more the principle than the $50 to me.

B

advanced101101 said:
CC doesnt have to honor the price if they are out of stock or if its an online price or if they just plain dont feel like it, i work there :p

I know we just got done with a holiday weekend, but engage brain and read man.
CC COMPANY . Your credit card company, not frikin circuit city. If he pre-ordered something on sale for $350 and they bill him $400, that's fraud. If the price just changed, and they claimed typo, that would be one thing. Or if he ordered three weeks ago, and it shipped during a sale, that would be kosher too as long as they allowed hima return. In which case it would be BB being a sounder plan than some other online vendors.

however, if it said sale and $350, and they billed him $400. That's called bait and switch. That is fraud. You authorized a charge for $350 plus tax and shipping. They charged $400. In no way shape or form will your credit card company honor that if you tell tehm not to (well except discover, because they sell your ass up the river for 1% cash back.)

I don't think so man, I haven't heard of a single person on the web who got any 6800gt from best buy. There are even some on nvnews who ordered full price and did not get them.

I got my GT from BB today, and I ordered it during their $299.99 sale. My credit card was charged the correct price and the card is installed and working right now.

Back