BestBuy Logitech - G502 HERO SE Wired Optical Gaming Mouse with RGB Lighting - Black $34.99 freeship

literally just bought one at best buy and was about to post this lol. No issues so far, coming from using a g700s. The texture on the side is nice, initially I didnt like the left click side buttons but so far its fine. Its also a little on the smaller side, like a small full size, if that makes sense

I have pretty small hands and it felt pretty good when I tried it out a few weeks ago in the store. I have the wired G Pro right now and I've had zero issues with it but the shape of it just doesn't seem very comfortable for long sessions.

Typical Logitech 50% off sale during this time of the year. I've been using a Logitech G Pro wired and G403 Wireless for about 3 years. Pro daily, G403 Wireless has seen very little use. The G403 developed a bad scroll wheel. A Logitech software update fixed this for a short while, but then it went bad again. Turns out the problem is hardware related and it has been replaced with the G703 which is pretty much the same mouse. I just received a brand new G703 wireless in the mail today to replace it. Looks new in box, not a refurbished unit.

Logitech Pro has a double clicking left side rear button which I use as a back button. Developed recently, but Logitech said that was out of warranty. Both mice were under 3 years of warranty, so I'm not sure why that is the case.

Looks like recent Logitech mice just aren't very durable and don't last. But Logitech warranty as of now is at least decent enough. For the G403 it was a quick process, sent them my info and they sent a replacement out a few days later. Are the revised mice cured of these issues? I wouldn't know. Just putting this out there. Seems like you get what you pay for and there is a reason Logitech mice are dirt cheap, but at least Logitech warranty is worth something.

Will look into a replacement for my Pro mouse this holiday season.

I grabbed one of these and have had it for a few days, moving on from a Mionix Naos 7000 I've been using for years.

I prefer the shape and feel of the Naos but this has more buttons, I really love that free scroll, but i'll need to spend more time with it before i decide if its gonna go in the laptop bag or stay full time on my computer. There's a whole lot going on with the software. I already decided to replace the DPI shift with something more useful for me on the desktop.

The laser seems like it might be more accurate, I'm ridiculous in that I actually like my DPI around 5000 for typical desktop use, and this is super smooth for that.

Though kinda dumb, I really wish the scroll wheel had RGB as well.

Last edited:
Is it usual for the "G Hub" software to take up... 9% cpu usage at all times?

Icue uses like 50% of one core, the bloatware is real

Just checked and Icue does indeed constantly use CPU. Ghub not so much.

Got the G502 from Best Buy a couple of days ago. Got a little getting used to but i like it.

Apparently my issue with cpu was somehow based on Discord integration? I deleted the app folder for that in the g-hub directory and upon next reboot, cpu use went from 10% down to "so little it doesn't even show up."

I'm getting more used to the mouse and I'm liking it quite a bit. Well worth the $37 or so I paid.

Back