Bestbuy Dell 27 inch gsync 449

Lots of banding issues even after calibration, but aside from that this is the best "affordable" 27" 1440 GSync. Everything else out there is $650+ for IPS.

ITS A LOTTERY WITHTHIS PANEL HAD TO RETURN 3 B4 I FOUND THIS ONE

Think you want an A04 or newer i think a lot of the early ones had issues, maybe A03 i dont remember

Using one now. I think I have good one, but I do notice a slight amount of ghosting while scrolling on a white background. For $450 I can't really complain.

Funny enough I went to my local BB to look at this exact monitor and noticed it was on sale. I've been between this one and another of Dells Ultra Sharps. The whole 144hz and gsync for the price was enticing me but the reason I hate my current monitor is because of color reproduction and overall blah image quality even though it was a highly regarded Asus for the sub 200 price. Even though this dell has been reviewed as having a really good TN panel in terms of color and what not, I was still rather unimpressed when I saw it face to face. Especially when I saw it next to some of the other IPS monitors, none of which were any notable models. So I passed for now. Most of the games with the exception of overwatch shouldnt benefit a whole lot from the extra hz.

Funny enough I went to my local BB to look at this exact monitor and noticed it was on sale. I've been between this one and another of Dells Ultra Sharps. The whole 144hz and gsync for the price was enticing me but the reason I hate my current monitor is because of color reproduction and overall blah image quality even though it was a highly regarded Asus for the sub 200 price. Even though this dell has been reviewed as having a really good TN panel in terms of color and what not, I was still rather unimpressed when I saw it face to face. Especially when I saw it next to some of the other IPS monitors, none of which were any notable models. So I passed for now. Most of the games with the exception of overwatch shouldnt benefit a whole lot from the extra hz.

These Dell's are notorious for looking like ass right out of the box, but get it set up correctly an its a whole new ball game.

Reactions: p3sty
like this
At the same time, while it still looks good *for a TN*, it's still a TN.

That being said, the demo they run on it at Best Buy is completely washed out. Not sure who made that marketing decision, but it was a dumb one.

After calibration is looks pretty close to what a cheap IPS panel would look like. The very low pixel response times of TN compared to IPS in addition to ULMB and/or GSYNC on this monitor make for a very smooth image.

I've always used IPS/VA before this monitor, and I do appreciate accurate color, but I'd still pick this monitor for gaming every time. I even do my RAW photo editing on it and it does a fine job.

Dang it, now I wanna go back and mess with the settings. Usually I just want something good out of the box but if fiddling with the settings for the sake of getting gsync and 144hz might make it worth the trouble.

And here I thought I finally settled between this S2716DG and the U2715H

Using one now. I think I have good one, but I do notice a slight amount of ghosting while scrolling on a white background. For $450 I can't really complain.

There's a setting on the monitor itself, I forget what it's called, it's something that sounds like you would want to enable, but isn't as it causes the scrolling issues you're talking about. Next time I'm at my desktop I'll take a look to find that setting.

From what i read you just want to leave it on standard, At least on the TFT central review if you put it on the gaming mode it does a lot of overshoot (i think) which makes it worse.

Heck yea! I got one of these for $500 from Microcenter a couple months ago and I love it, but the colors always bother me outside of games. Usually in game its not super noticeable but as soon as I'm back on the windows desktop it looks terrible next to my IPS (even though its a cheap HP ips).

Honestly though I'll take shit colors + gsync over amazing colors + no gsync any day of the week when it comes to gaming. Can't wait to try these settings when I get home, it def can't get any worse.

There's a setting on the monitor itself, I forget what it's called, it's something that sounds like you would want to enable, but isn't as it causes the scrolling issues you're talking about. Next time I'm at my desktop I'll take a look to find that setting.

Heck yea! I got one of these for $500 from Microcenter a couple months ago and I love it, but the colors always bother me outside of games. Usually in game its not super noticeable but as soon as I'm back on the windows desktop it looks terrible next to my IPS (even though its a cheap HP ips).

Honestly though I'll take shit colors + gsync over amazing colors + no gsync any day of the week when it comes to gaming. Can't wait to try these settings when I get home, it def can't get any worse.

I just adjusted the monitor settings and loaded up the ICC profile from PCMonitors. I am actually quite shocked at how good these settings are. 100% recommend! Thanks for the links croc!

Well, I posted a new thread because I forgot about this one but this monitor is now $427 directly from Dell.
http://deals.dell.com/mpp/productdetail/hho

You can probably get Best Buy to pricematch

edit: I'll just delete the thread I made

I was unable to get best buy physical store to price match. Rep claimed Dell allows BestBuy to price match other retailers except for Dell (on Dell merchandise).

I can't believe how much Gsync monitors have come down in price. This looks like a great deal.

I can't believe how much Gsync monitors have come down in price. This looks like a great deal.

I wouldn't look at this single example of a sign that gsync monitors are coming down in price. This particular dell display goes on sale often, I've had one for well over a year now and got mine during a sale.

Obviously. You know what I meant.

Anyways, it just got cheaper if you go directly through Dell:

$346 after jumping through hoops.

ordered one yesterday from them and they cancelled it today for no reason. suckers did it at the end of day too so now i gotta wait til tomorrow to talk with them.

ordered one yesterday from them and they cancelled it today for no reason. suckers did it at the end of day too so now i gotta wait til tomorrow to talk with them.
Mine has been on hold, hope they don't F over a bunch of people me included.

Good luck

Couldn't pass this up.

Just ordered one online at BB, going to pick it up shortly.

Have one of these, great for gaming. There are some great profiles online for correct colors etc.

I went and looked at it in the store. It could have been partly due to the strong overhead lighting, but it was difficult for me to enjoy staring at.

Set mine up, not terrible with online profiles but not good sitting next to a PLS and VA panel. For gaming should be fine though.

Yeah i have mine next to a dell 2415u IPS and you can tell the difference but its great for gaming

Back