Bestbuy deal on Dell S2716DGR

sasquatch182

Limp Gawd
Bestbuy has these for $449 ($150 off). Is this a decent gaming monitor?
I can't find much for reviews.

Thanks for any advice.

It's decent for the price. It's the same panel as the ASUS ROG PG278Q.

I picked one up last week - Amazon had a sale going for $423. BB matched their price. It seems solid and smooth, but I'm very much thinking about taking it back and using the cash to jump into VR.

On my gaming PC I also have a 40inch 4k TV, a different beast entirely.

What is your current screen and what are you playing right now?

The size and picture quality of the TV are FAR superior. For kick back, controller in hand single player games, I'm going to stick to the TV. If I keep the s2716dg, it's because I want to get back into multiplayer and high speed first person shooters. It is the first LCD I've owned (damn, it must be like fifteen years now) that has that old high hertz CRT smoothness. ULMB @ 90% with the frame rate locked at 120 is awesome. I haven't spent enough time with it testing out GSync.

It's the best TN I've seen, but is quite apparently a TN. It is no match for the contrast of my VA TV, or the color/viewing angles of the 26 inch IPS I keep around for GIMP. The gamma is off, the colors don't quite pop and if you slouch out of the sweet spot things go downhill FAST.

Damned good for games though.

Still though, I could have a Rift for another $80...

It is a great gaming monitor. There is some banding that I can see on a static image and other TN related issues. Nothing bad enough to distract me while gaming though. I came from an IPS 21:9 34 inch 60hz monitor and I'm really happy with this purchase. The Dell monitor is very fluid and feels great while gaming.

I've played Doom, Path of Exile, and Diablo 3 for a few hours each since I got the monitor.

Back