BestBuy and their trustability

Sounds to me like BFG Dude is doin everything he can to make sure you guys know what is going on. And remember, it's just a graphics card. It's not like you are waiting on a heart transplant or something important.

And Lake Bluff, IL is a real place cuz I was born there ;)

ehZn said:
Sounds to me like BFG Dude is doin everything he can to make sure you guys know what is going on. And remember, it's just a graphics card. It's not like you are waiting on a heart transplant or something important.

It's about time someone said this. :mad:

Jeez, I've never seen such a bunch of whiners and crybabies in my life. If you don't like BB's service, there's a simple solution.

TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

In the mean time, give it a rest. As the man said it's just a frigging video card.

It looks like i have a new pending charge on my credit card this am for the vid card. I can't get a breakdown of pending charges, but it seems to be the amount for the card. But this could just be from Best Buy "testing" the card not actually charging the card. But hopefully it's a good sign....

I admit I was a little disappointed. But I think I will just stick it out and wait for the BFG card to be shipped. I've been waiting a while already, a few more days isn't going to hurt. :p

- D.

yes lake bluff illinois is a nice place im a west suburbs guy myslef one of the best places to live anywhere!

that said i had an early gateway order well 1 week ago i decided to cancel it and order the 6800gt (for the on chip vid proc)

2 days my order status still showed active. so i emailed them and they said that they couldnt promise it would not ship!

so between the 24th-9th they cant stop something from shipping!! how pathetic is that

they said if it does ship i have to refuse to accept it from the delivery guy and that then my credit card will be refunded back 2-100 weeks later

prob is usually my landlady accepts my pakcages i get like 1 every few days, why should i have to involve her in the drama because gateway cant cancel an order for something that wont even be in stock for 2 weeks!

I have had bad luck with pre-orders on gateway that was the main reason I decided to go with the 6800 GT from BB rather than the cheep x800 XT.

Jocomp10 said:
I have had bad luck with pre-orders on gateway that was the main reason I decided to go with the 6800 GT from BB rather than the cheep x800 XT.

I agree. Poor joobjoob, that is a lot of hassle to go through.

I prefer waiting until I can get a product through my established channels, like a few retail stores or reputable places like zipzoomfly, the egg, or frozencpu.

ive been looking all over trying to find the fittings to watercool the 6800, well except for koolance so far nothing released will fit it. The holes are a differnt size from the fx series! plus their are 4 of them,

however on friday i got onto swiftechs homepage and they have a conversion kit for the mcw50 to work on the 6800, so i ordered it friday at 4pm and it arrived monday priority mail, bytheway i live in alaska! hows that fing fast

http://www.truextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?p=405959#post405959

i posted a pic of the 12$ conversion kit

I have to say, I can understand what everyone is going through who ordered one of these cards and is now told they have to wait longer to get it. I ordered mine on 6/14 and have been anxiously awaiting the first of next month as well. Especially with a long weekend, I'm hoping this is just BestBuy being uber-conservative with ship dates and some of these cards are actually shipping out now. Also, I want to thank Scott for keeping us well updatd to the situation.

If anyone gets any word on some cards shipping from BestBuy, PLEASE post whatever info you can on when the card shipped, etc. I tried calling BestBuy customer support to see what was up and got someone that had no idea what was going on. Untll then, I'll be waiting anxiously... :)

andocser said:
I have to say, I can understand what everyone is going through who ordered one of these cards and is now told they have to wait longer to get it. I ordered mine on 6/14 and have been anxiously awaiting the first of next month as well. Especially with a long weekend, I'm hoping this is just BestBuy being uber-conservative with ship dates and some of these cards are actually shipping out now. Also, I want to thank Scott for keeping us well updatd to the situation.

If anyone gets any word on some cards shipping from BestBuy, PLEASE post whatever info you can on when the card shipped, etc. I tried calling BestBuy customer support to see what was up and got someone that had no idea what was going on. Untll then, I'll be waiting anxiously... :)

Same here I ordered my GT on 3am on 6/14, just as it went up, still no status. Don't understand it, Outpost.com and CompuPlus have GTs in stock, and best buy was shipped them on Friday by BFG, what is goin on with BB? I can't really complain cuz i got the card for $299 but I recommended to a lot of people that they preorder from BB and now BB seems to be dropping the ball at least in terms of consumer relations.

Bestbuy, Compusa, Gateway, where ever.. All the retailers are in the same boat, they're not getting them because ATi isn't supplying them. I took the gamble from ecost.com at a good price. Supposed to ship on June 25th and they gave me the same message as everyone else, backordered until 2nd week in July. Wouldn't be shocked if that gets pushed back also.

What surprises me is why the online tech sites haven't written jack in the last several weeks about availability. :confused:

Same here I ordered my GT on 3am on 6/14, just as it went up, still no status. Don't understand it, Outpost.com and CompuPlus have GTs in stock, and best buy was shipped them on Friday by BFG, what is goin on with BB? I can't really complain cuz i got the card for $299 but I recommended to a lot of people that they preorder from BB and now BB seems to be dropping the ball at least in terms of consumer relations.

Well, I am in the process of trying to send their customer support folks an e-mail (phone did not work so well) and see if they are willing to offer up any info at all on this. I've had good experiencs with BestBuy up untll now so I'm hoping that something pulls through for everyone expecting to spend the 4th watching fireworks and playing Far Cry on thier new vid cards :D

I guess I'm one of the few who will be happy to get this card at this price even it means waiting a few days more. Hell, I thought for sure that the orders would be cancelled all together a few days after the deal ended.

<-----thinks about warm weather and cold beer for the 4th instead of my video card :)

qdemn7 said:
TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

and believe me, thats exactly what I've done over the past year or so.

my ass has been reamed (sp?) so many times by Best Buy that I hardly have any ass left. :mad:

so ive decided that with the x800 and 6800 that both of those names are stupid since none of the numbers refer to anything except their number in a series. so i think we the new cards should have useful and functional names.

x800xt= tits platinum
6800= vagina ultra
r500 / nv50 = legs LT (long and tan)

see how this way we could cover our computer fascination and be more on the wavelength with our less cerebral fellow males. certainly "THE TODD" would high five this idea!

While I do not agree with your naming scheme or its relevance to BB, I must applaud a fellow Scrubs fan.

IceWind said:
Best Buy = There is no trust.

I've have bought alot of stuff form bestbuy..open items..new items and if never had a problem. I've returned it with no problem..Even purchase items on line and then changed my mnd about the purchase and never had a problem with the return at the stores. :D

Well i pre-ordered from Best Buy on 5/11 and i havnt recieved Jack, i email them they email me a generic answer i told them that i was gonna cancel my credit card, they then said they would put every effort to get me one out ASAP they didnt, You know what really Pisses me off, THEY RE_OPENED THE PRE BUYS ON THESE CARDS more then once since i ordered mine, WTF if they aint even getting enough of them why do they continue to take more customers for a ride. After this Fiasco is over i will never buy from theese assrods again.

Marcdaddy said:
After this Fiasco is over i will never buy from theese assrods again.

LOL, assrods? Thats a new one I will have to remember :D

I figured what the hell for the money I will keep mine on order until I can come up with something better for less. I have an Ultra on preorder for 499.00 now if they hit newegg for 499.00 before mine ships you can bet your ass that I will cancel my BB order and buy from newegg, but until that happens you cant get your hands on one for the money.

Everyone just needs to relax, its not like these are widely available yet and its not BB fault. Mind you I am not one for sticking up for BB after getting jerked off on their TI4600 price botch a long while back , but just take a breath and give it a few more days until we see where some cards show up.

I ordered an ultra on the 22nd, received a message on the 28th that the part was back ordered and was expected on the 6th of July. Got an e-mail today saying it'd be shipped by July 4th. I don't see what every one is getting into such a tizzy over, the original dates they had listed were having the parts released between June 28th and July 2nd. So it slipped a couple days, that's hardly worth mentioning compared to most part release dates. Heck, I've been waiting a year for AMD to ship Athlon64 chips with dual memory support (not counting the overly expensive FX chips).

And to those complaining about the cross information coming out... I would tend to believe the manufacturer when they say the parts are shipping out. Large retail chains never know what going on.

i ordered on teh 24th from bby, but i just got off the phone with them. they said the gts are shipping on the 1st!

but anyway i canceled them cuz well i hate bestbuy how they always have to say hi to you at the front door even if your in the middle of a conversation with someone about how you hate it when they always say hi to you when you walk in even if your in the middle of a conversation with someone about how much you hate it when they do that. i rest my case.

oh yea and cuz i hate best buy cuz even if you spend 2k$ after 30 days they look at you and your recepit like theyve never heard of you and of course a 2k tv or laptop sholdnt last longer then 30 days.

so fuck them they arent getting my money, i do wish bfgtech would do direct orders like evga does i would have ordered and waited cuz id rather have their product.

joobjoob said:
i ordered on teh 24th from bby, but i just got off the phone with them. they said the gts are shipping on the 1st!

but anyway i canceled them cuz well i hate bestbuy how they always have to say hi to you at the front door even if your in the middle of a conversation with someone about how you hate it when they always say hi to you when you walk in even if your in the middle of a conversation with someone about how much you hate it when they do that. i rest my case.

oh yea and cuz i hate best buy cuz even if you spend 2k$ after 30 days they look at you and your recepit like theyve never heard of you and of course a 2k tv or laptop sholdnt last longer then 30 days.

so fuck them they arent getting my money, i do wish bfgtech would do direct orders like evga does i would have ordered and waited cuz id rather have their product.

Am I the only one that found this hard to comprehend. LOL... Anyway hopefully the part which he says the GT's are shipping on the 1st is correct.

What shipping carrier does Best Buy use for their next day delivery? And does that carrier deliver on Saturday? Sunday?

Holy Shit Balls!!! I got the infamous "Your item is backordered" email from Bestbuy saying the 6th.

I knew that was coming. LOL Anyways.. at this point in time, if I can find anything available before the 4th of July weekend, I'm going with that.

i ordered from evga this afternoon i got an email back saying they were in stock and would ship, but now its 3 horus later and still no email with a tracking number.. those bastards.

lol they'll send it to you Thursday night saying "Sorry, it's gone. Better luck next time!". :eek:

"your order from eVGA.com's eStore has been shipped via UPS with tracking"

ha ha ha im gonna have my 6800gt in 2 days and i placed my order at noon

I orderd my 6800 GT from compuplus and it will be here tomarow :D if aneybody is still looking for a 6800 GT theay have some in stock.

joobjoob said:
i ordered from evga this afternoon i got an email back saying they were in stock and would ship, but now its 3 horus later and still no email with a tracking number.. those bastards.

Where can I buy a eVGA card?! The hell with BFG, I want a eVGA or even a PNY.

Hi sherkelman (Scott),

How are your shipments to Best Buy going. Are things on track? Has Best Buy said anything to you about them shipping out preorders?

Thanks.

(keep applying that arctic silver!)

nippyjun said:
Hi sherkelman (Scott),

How are your shipments to Best Buy going. Are things on track? Has Best Buy said anything to you about them shipping out preorders?

Thanks.

(keep applying that arctic silver!)

Hi nippyjun,
Best Buy is receiving both BFG 6800 GT OC and BFG 6800 Ultra OC products throughout this week at their Internet DC. If you have one on order from them please contact their 1-800 help desk number to find out the status of your shipment.

All of Best Buy’s orders for our BFG 6800 GT OC product have shipped from BFG to Best Buy, the BFG 6800 Ultra OC shipments will continue at least through next week to fulfill the backlog.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

sherkelman said:
Hi nippyjun,
Best Buy is receiving both BFG 6800 GT OC and BFG 6800 Ultra OC products throughout this week at their Internet DC. If you have one on order from them please contact their 1-800 help desk number to find out the status of your shipment.

All of Best Buy’s orders for our BFG 6800 GT OC product have shipped from BFG to Best Buy, the BFG 6800 Ultra OC shipments will continue at least through next week to fulfill the backlog.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Thanks! If you speak to someone at the BB help desk do they have any more insight into when shipping will occur than just using the automated process. The automated process just says that July 6th is the release date.

sherkelman said:
Hi nippyjun,

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Just an FYI sherkelman, Frys/Outpost appears to be getting the BFG cards out a bit faster than BB has. I ordered one on Monday and had it in my hot little hands Tuesday.

They have likely sold out there initial allotment but I was a bit shocked that I was able to get it that fast.

BTW Damn nice card :) (edit: got a GT) Tell the marketing reps at Nvidia to remove there heads from there butts and get out the Geforce 6 demos ;). Nvidia headquarters is only about 5 minutes from here, I'll go over and beat em to death with a mouse cord if yah like :D .

Sniper_Merc said:
Just an FYI sherkelman, Frys/Outpost appears to be getting the BFG cards out a bit faster than BB has. I ordered one on Monday and had it in my hot little hands Tuesday.

They have likely sold out there initial allotment but I was a bit shocked that I was able to get it that fast.

BTW Damn nice card :) (edit: got a GT) Tell the marketing reps at Nvidia to remove there heads from there butts and get out the Geforce 6 demos ;). Nvidia headquarters is only about 5 minutes from here, I'll go over and beat em to death with a mouse cord if yah like :D .

Thanks Sniper_Merc,
Fry's/Outpost will be getting another big shipment this week for their website and THEY SHOULD HAVE THEM IN-STORE THIS WEEKEND. :D

Thank you for your comments regarding our card! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future if you have any problems or specific questions regarding the cards features.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

sherkelman said:
Thanks Sniper_Merc,
Fry's/Outpost will be getting another big shipment this week for their website and THEY SHOULD HAVE THEM IN-STORE THIS WEEKEND. :D

Thank you for your comments regarding our card! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future if you have any problems or specific questions regarding the cards features.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

sherkelman: Will fry's have any 6800 Ultras in their store this week/weekend or just for order online at outpost.com? Or were you just referring to the GT's being available?

nippyjun said:
sherkelman: Will fry's have any 6800 Ultras in their store this week/weekend or just for order online at outpost.com? Or were you just referring to the GT's being available?

Sorry, just the BFG 6800 OC GTs should be in-store and available on-line at Fry's this weekend.

Hey Scott, word on the street is that BFG is comprised primarily from ex 3DFX and Visiontek employees. Any truth to any of that? Also is BFG planning on making a 6800 Ultra EE?

Back