BestBuy and their trustability

randsom said:
No, im a executive chef for hilton hotels ya frickkin moron.
btw youre cancer merchant remarks are not only stupid, but are in horrible taste.

Well, because I know what hours chefs put in, I understand how you might not have time for movies, and do not get the reference to the movie "Clerks".

It may be stupid, and indeed in bad taste, but it sure is a damn "frickkin" (is that short for fried chicken?) Good Movie.

Quote: "I have found that although the technical expertise is very lacking, their customer service and willingness to make things right is quite good."

Yes, and both are good if you get my store :p
Bethel Park, PA

If you want me, ask for Joe, I'm the double-agent for the Geek Squad there.

rene mauricio said:
Wonder what dear 'ol Scott is up too... :p

Well about 45 minutes ago I was putting artic silver on BFG 6800 Ultra OC cards being ready for BBY shipment tomorrow :D

sherkelman said:
Well about 45 minutes ago I was putting artic silver on BFG 6800 Ultra OC cards being ready for BBY shipment tomorrow :D
And 2 hours ago you were at CompUSA getting the 30%-off PNY deal, weren't you?! :p

Scott

Sherkelman, would you care to comment on the 7/06 BBY date? Do you know if that is a "protect our asses" date or if the cards will be coming sooner?

Scott

sherkelman said:

What is "BBY" short for?
How can I get one directly from you? Remember, you owe me. I used to let you eat my paste in kindergarten and you never did pay me back. :D Share and share alike... remember?

rene mauricio said:
What is "BBY" short for?
How can I get one directly from you? Remember, you owe me. I used to let you eat my paste in kindergarten and you never did pay me back. :D Share and share alike... remember?
Best Buy of course, dimwit. :p

Scott

I believe he is just toying with us.Who can verify he even works for BFG.I mean how many people asked for an explaination on the delay of BB cards,and his only responce was "putting thermal paste on the cards"Sounds like a haha i have the cards in my hand bet ya wish you did too sorta remark.Thats just wrong...plain wrong :(
sherkelman said:

Mmm... I thought he said that BBY already got it's order. I will have to go back about 9 pages and re-read this madness. Also, what we could do, is call up BFGTech and ask for a Scott.

Good times. :D

sonyman said:
Sherkelman, would you care to comment on the 7/06 BBY date? Do you know if that is a "protect our asses" date or if the cards will be coming sooner?

Scott

BFG has fulfilled all 6800 GT OC pre-orders to Best Buy and the product is en route to their DC.

BFG 6800 Ultra OC shipments began this week and will continue throughout the week. I would assume Best Buy will use the most diligent process to get them out once they are checked into their DC.

For BFG's 6800 Ultra OC water-blocks pre-ordered through our affiliate chumbo.com, BFG will begin shipping these cards to Chumbo.com throughout this week and next week.

I want to thank those who have placed their hard earned cash into our product. The employees of BFG Tech will back that money up with a kick-butt NVIDIA 6800 series product overclocked with a TRUE lifetime warranty and 24/7 365 free telephone / e-mail tech support.

I hope that by posting updates in this forum as well as being responsive directly to your questions and concerns shows that BFG cares about your experience with our company and more importantly getting you the best high-end NVIDIA video card with awesome support.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

ny555soul said:
I believe he is just toying with us.Who can verify he even works for BFG.I mean how many people asked for an explaination on the delay of BB cards,and his only responce was "putting thermal paste on the cards"Sounds like a haha i have the cards in my hand bet ya wish you did too sorta remark.Thats just wrong...plain wrong :(

Try getting the title "BFG Dude" under your username... only someone like Kyle can get that done :p

Good idea.At first i clicked his profile and it said he lives in BLUFF ,IL at first i thought it was a joke,but there actually is a bluff ,IL so that explains confusion with the release date.I guess ppl in that town are used to "bluffing"
rene mauricio said:
Mmm... I thought he said that BBY already got it's order. I will have to go back about 9 pages and re-read this madness. Also, what we could do, is call up BFGTech and ask for a Scott.

Good times. :D

Hey Scott. Can you tell us something about this 'true lifetime' deal? Also what does the Ultra box look like? :D Every online shop I have ever seen has this picture but never shows what the box looks like or if the BGF 6800U comes with any games / promotions.

6684643_ra.jpg

Ya no prob Mr. BFG Dude(s). A good deal of us have managed to stay level-headed through all this [without busting out a drama queen]. But consider yourselves lucky, if Doom 3 was being released this week and our cards weren't...ohhhh if there wouldn't be hell to play, there'd be hell to pay. :eek:

rene mauricio said:
Hey Scott. Can you tell us something about this 'true lifetime' deal? Also what does the Ultra box look like? :D Every online shop I have ever seen has this picture but never shows what the box looks like or if the BGF 6800U comes with any games / promotions.
If you order the card online, it comes in a white box.

Scott

sherkelman said:
BFG has fulfilled all 6800 GT OC pre-orders to Best Buy and the product is en route to their DC.

BFG 6800 Ultra OC shipments began this week and will continue throughout the week. I would assume Best Buy will use the most diligent process to get them out once they are checked into their DC.

For BFG's 6800 Ultra OC water-blocks pre-ordered through our affiliate chumbo.com, BFG will begin shipping these cards to Chumbo.com throughout this week and next week.

I want to thank those who have placed their hard earned cash into our product. The employees of BFG Tech will back that money up with a kick-butt NVIDIA 6800 series product overclocked with a TRUE lifetime warranty and 24/7 365 free telephone / e-mail tech support.

I hope that by posting updates in this forum as well as being responsive directly to your questions and concerns shows that BFG cares about your experience with our company and more importantly getting you the best high-end NVIDIA video card with awesome support.

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Hey Scott thanks for the info,

Which one is you in this pic on your site?

http://www.bfgtech.com/about_redux.html

Heat is not an issue on the 6800 OC, I have an flat external cast Iron heatsink and cook my breakfast on it during my Quake session. If I burn the bacon it has a built in weed blower to exhaust the smoke. I use the addtional slot it blocks as a grease catcher. :eek: :D

still seems odd to me that best buy changed the date, even after they knew the cards have already been shipped.I am sure B.F.G let them know.

I just got an email regarding my BFG 6800 Ultra preorder!

Dear Scott:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you by 07/04/2004.

Let's just hope that date keeps crawlin' in the right direction!

Scott

Ok this is starting to make me mad.How are you guys getting emails from BB?I ordered mine on the 16th and i havent recieved one single email letting me know anything.I never even recieved a CC charge confirmation,yet my CC was clearly charged from BB.Did you guys email customer care about this situation,and thats why they are emailing you with info on your orders?
sonyman said:
I just got an email regarding my BFG 6800 Ultra preorder!

Dear Scott:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you by 07/04/2004.

Let's just hope that date keeps crawlin' in the right direction!

Scott

ny555soul said:
Ok this is starting to make me mad.How are you guys getting emails from BB?I ordered mine on the 16th and i havent recieved one single email letting me know anything.I never even recieved a CC charge confirmation,yet my CC was clearly charged from BB.Did you guys email customer care about this situation,and thats why they are emailing you with info on your orders?
I didn't email anyone. These emails are just being sent to me automatically. If I were you I would call customer service and make sure nothing is screwy with your order. I ordered on the 14th btw.

Scott

has anyone ordered their card after the 16th,and have recieved emails from BB and not just responce's from customer care?Just wondering if they are sending out emails in order of dates pre-orders were placed.
sonyman said:
I didn't email anyone. These emails are just being sent to me automatically. If I were you I would call customer service and make sure nothing is screwy with your order. I ordered on the 14th btw.

Scott

I just got the same e-mail about it shipping by the 4th.

First I got the e-mail saying not till 7/6/04 so this is good... maybe.

My first issue is that the 4th is a Sunday, and my second issue is that the 5th is a holiday.

At this point I am not gonna get too excited one way or the other.

This already back-fired on me, as I have been pretty depressed all day. I was SO looking forward to getting the card tomorrow. I was even planning on working a half-day so I could be home to get the package... I even had the time blocked out. Oh well.

Umm.. the 4th of july is a holiday,and a sunday.Only carrier that i know that ships on holidays and sundays is EMS express mail service
darkjedi said:
I just got the same e-mail about it shipping by the 4th.

First I got the e-mail saying not till 7/6/04 so this is good... maybe.

My first issue is that the 4th is a Sunday, and my second issue is that the 5th is a holiday.

At this point I am not gonna get too excited one way or the other.

This already back-fired on me, as I have been pretty depressed all day. I was SO looking forward to getting the card tomorrow. I was even planning on working a half-day so I could be home to get the package... I even had the time blocked out. Oh well.

ny555soul said:
Umm.. the 4th of july is a holiday,and a sunday.Only carrier that i know that ships on holidays and sundays is EMS express mail service

Dear Adam:

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care
------------------------------------

Tell that to Best Buy Customer Care. ;)

key word(s) = We expect to ship it to you BY 07/04/2004.
so hopefully we will recieve them on friday
Vagrant Zero said:
Dear Adam:

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care
------------------------------------

Tell that to Best Buy Customer Care. ;)

maybe its a marketing idea for customers to recieve them on the 4th of july who knows,but i know EMS is the only carrier that delivers on holidays and sundays.(I actually recieved a car performance part from korea to the US in 3 days delivered on a sunday,and that sunday was thanksgiving)EMS is the shiznitz

so you got a email big deal, ill belive it when i get the card in my hands, not a second before.

I feel ya on that one,but now two people are saying they got the same email saying the 4th,so i dont know what to believe.Also you can trust you will get what you order from BB,now when you will get it is a different story.
randsom said:
so you got a email big deal, ill belive it when i get the card in my hands, not a second before.

ny555soul said:
key word(s) = We expect to ship it to you BY 07/04/2004.
so hopefully we will recieve them on friday

My friend you're preaching to the choir. I'm well aware of the fact that it was CLEARLY stated that expected ship dates were June 28 - July 5. That is why I haven't been cursing BFG to hell and back since as I see it BFG and Best Buy still have another week to keep [or break] their promise.

If you want to remind someone of the obvious I suggest randsom, I believe he's taking it rather badly.

When someone tells me to expect something between x-z, I always expect z. Expecting x requires an amount of optimisom which I personally find digusting and believe should be systemactically eliminated without recourse. :D

After seeing this thread, im glad I didn't order from BB. Ordered my GT yesterday morning, already got a DHL trackign number and 12 bucks for overnight shipping, should be here tomorrow sometime.

Sniper_Merc said:
After seeing this thread, im glad I didn't order from BB. Ordered my GT yesterday morning, already got a DHL trackign number and 12 bucks for overnight shipping, should be here tomorrow sometime.

Mind telling me where and if they had Ultras in stock as well?

There were a few PNY cards available at one point for preorder, I think now it just says out of stock. As for BFG Ultra, they have the number in there system but there was no quanities in the warehouse when I talked to few dif stores yesterday.

To the person above that asked.

Ordered from BB on the 16th, recieved the July 4th e-mail.

I also recieved the Backorder'd till July 6th e-mail as well.

Just like a few of you who ordered after the 16th: I have yet to get any email. Nothing so far says I will get it on the 4th nor did my status change at all. :mad:

rene mauricio said:
Hey Scott. Can you tell us something about this 'true lifetime' deal?

I'm not Scott of course, but I bought a BFG GeForce4 Ti4200 a little over a year and a half ago and the fan started going out a week or two ago. I didn't have my receipt or any other proof of purchase, so the only thing they could go by is that it was a BFG card. I shipped it to them on a Tuesday, and by Friday, I had a new GeForceFX 5900XT OC in my system. I'd say thats a rather nice warranty. Makes me even happier I got in on the BFG 6800GT for $299 deal. And since I have a new card to play with right now, the release date getting pushed back 5 days probably doesn't mean quite as much to me as it does to most.

Back