BestBuy and their trustability

StArWaRrIoR

[H]ard|Gawd
I've never bought anything from bestbuy.com, but I would like to preorder the BFG 6800U OC as my odds of getting one are good. I just hung up with a customer service rep and had a lengthy conversation.

He told me that it looks like that they have around 150 preorders for the BFG 6800U, and they typically get anywhere from 100 to 500 cards in a shipment. I also told him about how horrible their resellerrating was and their score is why I've never ordered anything from them. He hadn't heard about resellerratings, so I pointed him to the site and told him to tell his supervisors to take a look and get their sh#t together. lol He told me that they've changed recently and are striving to make their customer service top notch. Hopefully that's true, but should I be concerned if I preorder the card from them?

I buy stuff from the retail stores all the time and am happy with them, online is a different story as I have no experience.

Well the good thing about buying from bestbuy.com is that if you have a problem, you can actually take it up at one of their retail stores (don't have to ship stuff yourself).

I have found that although the technical expertise is very lacking, their customer service and willingness to make things right is quite good. They would probably handle any problem you had right away with the card, like a return or exchange.

Aside from that, the BFG card has an excellent warranty on its own and I hear their customer service is also excellent, so I doubt you have much to worry about.

Perhaps BFG's Scott Herkelman, who frequently posts on these forums has some insight into the number of Parts being allocated to Best Buy Online.

Scott? Can you release any allocation #'s?
Having also pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, I would love to hear that BB will be recieving plenty to cover presales (as well as when you expect to ship to them?)

Recently I tried to preorder a card from them. They cancelled the order without calling me or anything because I had used my work address as a ship too. Then when I called to find out about it the guy was very very rude to me. Basically saying I was out of luck buying the card (it had switched to sold out status) and that I would have to go elsewhere. He also said I would have to wait 30 days to get my money back (they had already charged my card..yet they said they had trouble getting authorization?).

I called back the next day to get the authorization reversed and got a different rep. He helped me out, reversed the charge, and said that I could put in a new order for the card. I declined (was still irritated from the previous day) and ended up ordering straight from BFG (the watercooled version of the 6800 Ultra).

They must have 2 different call centers, one that is obviously outsourced (he had a hard time answering my questions) and the other felt a bit more local. Not sure what the deal is though. Will never order from them again....

LazerWire said:
Perhaps BFG's Scott Herkelman, who frequently posts on these forums has some insight into the number of Parts being allocated to Best Buy Online.

Scott? Can you release any allocation #'s?
Having also pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, I would love to hear that BB will be recieving plenty to cover presales (as well as when you expect to ship to them?)

As of today BFG has Best Buy's pre-orders covered. We are working closely with Best Buy to make sure that anyone who has pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC has the product on the way to them between June 28th and July 5th (potentially earlier :eek: ).

Hope this helps, thanks,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

its bestbuy man theyre fine

Meh ordered the 6800gt about 10 minutes ago myself

Oh one more thing, sherkelman!! I've been seeing some people posting issues about heat with the 6800 Ultras. Do you know the scoop behind this? Do they infact run very hot, or is it most likely end user problems unaffiliated with the card itself?

sherkelman said:
As of today BFG has Best Buy's pre-orders covered. We are working closely with Best Buy to make sure that anyone who has pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC has the product on the way to them between June 28th and July 5th (potentially earlier :eek: ).

Hope this helps, thanks,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

oh no...i just noticed "BFG 6800 Ultra OC" ...Is there something different status wise on the GT's!!!

Headbust said:
oh no...i just noticed "BFG 6800 Ultra OC" ...Is there something different status wise on the GT's!!!

Headbust,
The BFG 6800 GT OC has the same status, which is BFG currently has all of Best Buy's orders covered as of today and the shipping schedule is the same :)

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

StArWaRrIoR said:
Oh one more thing, sherkelman!! I've been seeing some people posting issues about heat with the 6800 Ultras. Do you know the scoop behind this? Do they infact run very hot, or is it most likely end user problems unaffiliated with the card itself?

I am following that thread closely and I am waiting for the thread owner to post his findings on the PNY 6800 Ultra once he has a chance to check on some things!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

sherkelman said:
As of today BFG has Best Buy's pre-orders covered. ...... anyone who has pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC has the product on the way to them between June 28th and July 5th (potentially earlier :eek: ).

Hope this helps, thanks,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Gotta admire that...

Thanx Scott, (wipes tear from eye...) I sniff... sniff love U guys.

-LW

StArWaRrIoR said:
I've never bought anything from bestbuy.com, but I would like to preorder the BFG 6800U OC as my odds of getting one are good. I just hung up with a customer service rep and had a lengthy conversation.

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to get the BFG 6800 over the X800XT?

Im not him but my reason

#1. $100 cheaper
#2. Seeing LOTS of people returning x800pros for 6800's past couple days
#3. I play alot of GL games
#4. $100 cheaper
#5. I liek mice

Damn it. A company with a rep in the forum.

It's decided. I'm getting a BFG 6800 GT. You guys rock.

*Sigh*

Well this was the straw that broke the piggy's bank.

Got myself a BGF 6800U. I was hoping to wait until patch 1.2 came out before making my final decision though....oh well.

I placed my preorder as well. I had to pay tax though, so the total came to $522.XX. This thing better be sweet for the price.

aww man starwarrior, was about to go for it, then i saw you said tax :(

oh well 22 bux aint that bad

Headbust said:
No tax in tax free new hampshire baby!

$405.99 with next day delivery :D

not to bad.

but i got in on the B.F.G 6800 GT 299.99 preorder deal at best buy.
305.99 shipped overnight, thats a great deal(no sales tax in oregon either) :)

Pimp! said:
aww man starwarrior, was about to go for it, then i saw you said tax :(

oh well 22 bux aint that bad

I think that's why I've never ordered from Bestbuy.com also.. On top of paying S&H, I had to pay tax too.

Oh well, since they gave free S&H on it, I can deal with the $22. Although, I am starting to have doubts as to stay with this or to go with the X800XTPE.....

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I just can't make up my mind on this one....

If the BFG 6800 is anything like my BFG 5900 is quality wise... I'm going to have to save up for a new card. :D I don't often kiss ass on public forums, but man... Putting the 5900 in my system bumped it up from Mediocre to pretty sweet. :p

Bead said:
So is bestbuy honoring the 299$ price on the 6800 GT?

That is a sweeeeet price on a card that would be easily oc'ed to reach the ultra. Only a $100 more than what I paid for my 5900xt just months ago :mad:

I have had my BFG 6800 Ultra OC on preorder from BB for a few days now. I also have their 5900XT OC so I know I will be getting my moneys worth. I hope that it will be sooner than the 28th as I got next day shipping as well :)

Thanks for the heads up sherkelman and keeping us covered :D

sherkelman said:

Hope this helps, thanks,

Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Hey Scott,

Any updates on availability through best buy? Do you ship to them then they ship to us? Or do they have you ship directly to us?

Just wondering sherkelman, but what kind of rig do you use when you play CoD with the BFG crew?

NO problems with Best Buy ever. Have bought a DigiCam, Hard Drive, Video Card, and various other items online for in store pickup, with no problems. What's nice is you can return the items in store within 30 days w/o having to worry about shipping it back anywhere and paying for it. Highly Recommend if you can catch a deal on a pre-order or item of choice.

nippyjun said:
Hey Scott,

Any updates on availability through best buy? Do you ship to them then they ship to us? Or do they have you ship directly to us?

Best Buy is still on track to fulfill their pre-orders for both the BFG 6800 Ultra OC and BFG 6800 GT OC between June 28th and July 5th to you the consumer as of today (or potentially earlier if you live close to their Internet distribution Center a.k.a. DC). The way the process works is that we ship to their DC and then they ship directly to you. When you get the product will depend upon your number in line for the pre-order, they typically fulfill those who order first, first!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

sherkelman said:
Best Buy is still on track to fulfill their pre-orders for both the BFG 6800 Ultra OC and BFG 6800 GT OC between June 28th and July 5th to you the consumer as of today (or potentially earlier if you live close to their Internet distribution Center a.k.a. DC). The way the process works is that we ship to their DC and then they ship directly to you. When you get the product will depend upon your number in line for the pre-order, they typically fulfill those who order first, first!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

Have you guys shipped any to their DC yet?

nippyjun said:
Have you guys shipped any to their DC yet?

Unfortunately, I cannot disclose that information, however, they are still on track to make their committed timeframe :)

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

I used to work at Best Buy. You can trust them just as much as any retailer. They are alot better than Comp USA I can tell you that. I used to work there too.

But I recently bought my X800Pro from http://www.bestbuy.com which I had never done before. I was surprised. I ordered the card on the 5th of may and got it on the 15th of may. As soon as it came into stock. It arrived undamaged with a receipt and everything. Overall I was VERY pleased with the experience.

Best Buy also had the card for a fair price. ATi's MSRP of $399.99. Newegg and other online retailers had them for around $460-530. Which I thought was out of line.

StArWaRrIoR said:

He told me that it looks like that they have around 150 preorders for the BFG 6800U, and they typically get anywhere from 100 to 500 cards in a shipment. I also told him about how horrible their resellerrating was and their score is why I've never ordered anything from them. He hadn't heard about resellerratings, so I pointed him to the site and told him to tell his supervisors to take a look and get their sh#t together. lol He told me that they've changed recently and are striving to make their customer service top notch. Hopefully that's true, but should I be concerned if I preorder the card from them?

I buy stuff from the retail stores all the time and am happy with them, online is a different story as I have no experience.

Umm, reseller ratings from big companies like this don't matter. People who leave bad ratings are often just disgrunteled with the company itself.

It's not like they are going to

-bait and switch
-charge your credit card without shipping your items
-send you the wrong items and claim they are not responsible
-send you damaged goods

etc.

Check the reseller ratings from all stores like this

office max
staples
office depot
circuit city

It's all the same story, they all have bad reseller ratings.

I've orderd dozens of items from these stores and the service is always predictable.

Resellerratings.com is more useful for internet-only stores. You don't need to check resellerratins for a national B&M retail chain.

Back