Best zip ties and velcro cable ties for desk and pc cable management?

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

Trying to find good zip ties and velcro for pc building. I had a lot from an Asus motherboard and just ran out and can't find the thin, long type that came with that board. For velcro ties I'm probably just gonna get velcro brand but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Also wondering what other things you guys use for cable management as my desk and pc is a mess right now as I lack the proper tools. Probably also going to get some command adhesive by 3m for securing cables to the back of my desk

I've always used these. Hold well, available in a couple lengths, not "fuzzy" like a lot of strips are.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Harbor freight variety pack of zipties. Many of them are quite small and appropriate for cable management.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like the monoprice rolls of colored Velcro. You can cut it to length and the colors are nice.

I paid £5 or so for 100 velcro straps off of eBay (price has increased slightly since but not a killer - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Pcs-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649). They are very secure as well as I have not had one come undone as yet even with heavy or "high memory" cables.

Cable/zip ties I buy from local Pound (Dollar) shops in the city centre here. Cost literally pennies for several hundred.

As for underdesk cable management, I bit the bullet & bought one of the IKEA under desk wire racks which as my desk has a vertical piece of "wood" coming down from the read of the desk by 18" or so, screwing it up behind that has hidden all the power strips and "bricks" completely.

Still got a little bit left to do such as desk top cable management (ordered one of these (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-port...var=472536647589&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) which I am going to drill a hole in the centre of the desktop behind the keyboard to route the cables down under the desk to the machine itself. To hide those cables I am going to use adhesive mounts & velcro straps or some slimline self adhesive trunking to secure the cables under the desktop itself. The only thing left to after that is to try to hide all the network cables that I will be running to my 2 x 24port Netgear switches without chasing the wall out! Will probably use standard self adhesive trunking for that.

If you’re serious about zip ties, look at Panduit. I got mine from mouser.

Velcro I just use the Velcro branded strips from amazon.

Back