Best X58 Motherboard

Enthusiast Extreme

Limp Gawd
What is the best x58 motherboard for a 990x I7 processor? :p

G1 Assassin?
Asus Rampage Black Edition?
Evga X58 4 way classified?
Gigabyte UD9?

Which one is the best in terms of performance (overclock), reliability (asus had some quality control issues :rolleyes:)

Thanks guys

I say either the G1 Assassin or the UD9. The G1 just looks amazing, and has some top-notch hardware included. And Gigabyte has always been good and reliable for me.

For a definitive answer, I doubt you will find anyone who actually has thoroughly tested all four. Just look up reviews and comparisons.

All obviously elite products

I'd say Rampage Black just for pure sex

setting aside liquid nitrogen or any sub-ambient cooling, they will all overclock virtually identically......its not like LGA775 anymore where the mobo was really pretty important...

I like the Classified because it has SEVEN full length PCI-E slots, should you ever want to do some mad folding/bitmining.

Can you even still get the 4-way Classified? EVGA doesn't even list it anymore and it's pretty much dried up everywhere I've looked. Same goes for the UD9 - that hasn't been available in long time that I can remember.

It's too bad EVGA didn't update the 4-way like they did with the regular Classified with USB 3 and SATA6, but oh well.

Don't forget X58 is kind of a dead-end at this point unless you have a specific reason for it. Next-gen stuff like USB3 and SATA6 are kinda lacking on most of them (i.e. add-on chips instead of built-in in the case of SATA6 anyways), and no UEFI, but YMMV.

Back