Best x570 under 300

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
As the title says, best x570 under 300 bucks, ATX. Plan on putting a 3700x in it, possible upgrading to something later down the road if compatible. I have no particular brand preference, currently looking at the Aorus Pro. Any recommendations and why ?

The Aorus Pro or the Asus TUF should be good choices.

Agree that these are two very solid choices and would add the Aorus Elite Wifi in the $200 range to compare against the Asus TUF and see what features etc do it for you. The TUF has pretty solid user reviews as well.

It seems that you have to go right up to $300 for the Aorus Ultra and beyond for anything better than the options at $200. By better just more bells and whistles as the mentioned boards all have good enough VRMs and can handle the 3900x no problem.

Are you counting the cpu discount or not?

If you can stretch to $320 (350-30) then aorus master is quite a step up, its basically the same as the extreme ($700) minus the 10GbE and passive heatsink. Honestly beats the other brands $400-500+ flagship boards in many ways.

Otherwise the 200-300 board range doesn't really gain much by paying more, might as well keep on the lower end of that to save money.

I dig the Asus Strix-E. Iirc it is the cheapest board with the ROG vrm setup. I got mine for 300 with the MC -30 discount.

I'm using the Asus TUF right now. I'm very happy with it! Haven't overclocked yet though. Been using it about a month.

The Aorus Pro or the Asus TUF should be good choices.

The X570-P is basically the TUF board minus the WiFi and the TUF branding. Same VRM. Pretty much all X570 VRM's are "ok" depending on what chip you are putting in it. Definitely a step up from the B350 through X470 boards. I think that leaked 3950X benchmark was done on a X570-P board.

The new MSI Unify board looks nice if it comes in around the $250 mark like it is supposed to.

Last edited:
I'd wait for people to sell off Black Friday bundled mobos if there aren't any X570Ps leftover from the Newegg 2600+x570p dealie.

That's always a thing.

There's at least one floating in limbo a tanks worth of gas away from me but I'd rather get a Best Buy Citi card and pay off a 3900x & big boy board if I really needed to get a $ conscious setup.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite or Asus TUF (wifi or non wifi versions available). I went with Gigabyte because I didn't want wifi and I wanted the bios update without cpu feature.

Gamer's Nexus board review (Buildzoid):

(18min or so for the 300-200 range mobos, 21min for $200 mobo justification)

Think I am going to keep it simple and going with the Aorus Elite and 3600. I was distracted by the bling of the higher end boards instead of thinking logically, I could put the money saved into some good memory which I'll probably see a bigger performance increase than a higher end motherboard.

Think I am going to keep it simple and going with the Aorus Elite and 3600. I was distracted by the bling of the higher end boards instead of thinking logically, I could put the money saved into some good memory which I'll probably see a bigger performance increase than a higher end motherboard.

I'm the same, I'm 50 so I couldn't possibly care less about RGB etc. I just want solid reliable performance :)

I chose Asus Prime X570-Pro. Intel NIC, decent VRMs, $190 price after Microcenter's discounts. Can't get anything better for this price.

Just ordered the Aorus Elite ( only because of Asus being slow with bios updates ) 16 GB of Trident Z Neo 3600 mhz CAS 16 and the 3600.

I haven't experienced any of the issues being were getting with the weird boost behavior, I haven't check my bios version, but I'm tempted to just leave it alone.

I'm the same, I'm 50 so I couldn't possibly care less about RGB etc. I just want solid reliable performance :)
Hey now .. I'm 50 and with my years of experience and wisdom ... Disco lights always makes things go faster o_O

Reactions: Razzy
like this
Back