Best Wireless Router for Home network?

Nutzy

Limp Gawd
Best Wireless Router for Home network? I have DSL, and want to beable to try and get the best bandwith with both computers I can.

Im sold!

If you head over to your local CompUSA - they are selling there generic compUSA wireless B. router for 19.99 after instant rebate. Unless you do alot of file sharing via your network this is the best solution for you!

I just returned my netgear xtreme 108mbps router for this. I saved about 100 dollars comming down to 11mb, but think about it this way. Your isp caps your bandwidth at 10mb if that at all. If you have broadband you most likely have a variation of 1.5down or 3mb down. So if you are just accessing the internet get this router!!!

Like hyunee said, if you're not doing lots of computer-to-computer file transfers via wireless, then an 802.11b AP/router should be fine. I have the Netgear MR814, which is $27 at Amazon right now after rebate, and I have been quite happy with it. If you want faster speeds, 802.11g/"g+" will get you there, but at a higher price (the Netgear g version router/AP is about 2X the price at Amazon). I found the $27 deal here... maybe you can find a deal on a g router if you need one.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back