Best Wireless Headset for Gaming?

Bought a set of void pros a few weeks ago, did not really like them. Decided to jump on the Logitech 933 deal bestbuy has right now. $99 plus tax. They are miles above the void pros.

Yep that's them, good price from what I've seen the last few weeks. The void pros did not sit on my ears right and I would get a random crackle from the mic now and then. I use push to talk for mumble and discord, being able to assign a button on the headset for that is great.
Just bought a G933 wireless set. Next day shipping free. Hell they had same day to me for $6. Put it in Hot Deals too, so thanks for the heads up.

I LOVE the way my Void Pros fit.

I got the Logitech 933 (in white too!) from Best Buy on Black Friday last year (IIRC) since I had a bunch of BB certs from my Best Buy credit card to burn through.

So far, they work great, I bought a headset stand with built in USB ports off of Amazon for them so they have a nice resting place close to some charging cables too. Great setup.

Here it is on Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019PI9QFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If there was a way to rig up a wireless charging system, that would be just about perfect. The only nit I would pick if I had to come up with something negative at all is that the microphone stalk is a fold out piece of plastic that when folded in, is flush with the surrounding plastic and you have to pick at it.

I know you guys hear this all the time, but "wow, that was fast."

IMG_20180622_120557.jpg

So we should expect the full review in a few minutes?
If we were a normal hardware site that hands out awards for ad revue, the answer would be yes. However, we actually like to USE the products we show off to you and give you a review. I know, makes for terrible YT content.

Anyone use SteelSeries 61463 Arctis 7 headphones and have an opinion on them?

Hi all, I currently have a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset. It's 7.1 surround with sort of felt earcup and leatherette headband. The felt picks up dust and the headband gets uncomfortable but otherwise it's not a bad headset. However the cord is driving me nuts now and I want to go wireless. So here I am. Link to product here https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/VENGEANCE®-1500-Dolby-7-1-USB-Gaming-Headset/p/CA-9011112-WW

My daily commute headphone is a Sennheiser Momentum wireless Bluetooth. It's a great headphone, capable with both music and speech and I can connect it to my PC via Bluetooth or cable for listening to music when the Corsair runs out of ability. Have found it comfortable on long transatlantic flights and continental rail journeys, and it has amazing battery life compared with a set of Parrot Zik's that I used to use. Although in truth the Zik's did have some amazing soundscape features which I miss.

Sennheisers here; https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/momentum-wireless

Importantly, I quite like to listen to music on a headphone, I like some quality, and I love wireless. But I also don't want to give up 7.1 for gaming.

So requirements are;

Headset uses no more than one USB if there's a charger or gamedac (I have no USB's left!)
Good for music
Good for games
Wireless
Surround please - not sure if I can discern the difference between 5.1 and 7.1
Comfortable - subjective I know but most reviews I have seen tend to be quite consistent when discussing any given headset
Don't care about RGB
Really don't want ghastly bright colours like PS4 blue or Xbox green but perhaps there's a trade off.

That still leaves me with a fairly large range to choose from at all sorts of price points;

Steelseries Arctis 7 looks like a bargain at current discounted prices. £130, ticks all the boxes, but noting a couple of comments on sound quality in the thread which seems to contradict reviews. Comfort is something this seems to major on too. Some comments about build quality.

Astro Gaming A50 breaks the ghastly colour rule but has a handy dock for recharging. Lots of love in the thread and £215 so a big jump from the Arctis 7. I do like the idea that I can buy a version which allows me to plug in my Xbox.

Logitech G933 is fugly but those reviews are exceptional and there's a lot of love in this thread for it. I can get a white pair for £130 but black is much pricier at £180 direct from Logitech. Seems like it would be worth shopping around.

Steelseries Wireless Pro is the new Arctis 7 but it comes with a great little box of tricks and two batteries allowing near continuous use. Same comfort as the Arctis 7 and better audio but worth £300? Maybe, but not in comparison with the £130 for an Arctis 7. That's what ruins this one but the battery swap is super-compelling.

And then there's the Audeze Modius. £350 plus I'd want a stand, but this is for proper planar magnetic. At £350. That's incredible. Looks like the Bluetooth is limited to one device connection at a time and the 'surround sound' is more like 3D processing and current reviews are few and far between. Not sure how I feel about spending that much but hype is hype and I got onboard the train while researching for options.

Am I missing anything obvious?

And then there's the Audeze Modius. £350 plus I'd want a stand, but this is for proper planar magnetic. At £350. That's incredible.

It really isn't, though they make it out to be- it's just cheap for Audeze :).

My Massdrop x Hifiman HE-4XX (US$169) are 'proper planar' and currently are in the running for my favored set of cans for gaming. Not wireless of course, just pointing out the pricing.

Given that, though, I'd (and have!) seriously consider the Audeze if the pricing isn't a huge impediment.

That's a £295 headphone in the UK and not wireless, but can see the keener US pricing (and they're good looking headphones too) so certainly take your point when comparing US prices.

I was previously looking at the OPPO PM-2 though I note they're no longer making products so perhaps a lucky miss. 700USD for those but lovely to look at and by all accounts great sounding.

It's amazing how nerd-logic can have you sailing past £130 through to £350 without really trying.

Last edited:
Me too, but I'm at a crossroads. If I shell out for the Steelseries Arctis 7 I'll wish I had gone for the Wireless Pro. But if I go for that and for £50 more could have had something truly amazing but for the want of some patience then I'd kick myself.

I just picked up the Corsair Void Pro (could care less about RGB, shut it off) as I needed some wireless gaming cans and Kyle gave them a good recommendation. So far just as comfortable as my Sennheiser HD598's without the worlds twistiest cord that always gets stuck under the chair.

My only question is, is there a spot in the software that shows the battery charge? It would be nice to know at a glance.

I just picked up the Corsair Void Pro (could care less about RGB, shut it off) as I needed some wireless gaming cans and Kyle gave them a good recommendation. So far just as comfortable as my Sennheiser HD598's without the worlds twistiest cord that always gets stuck under the chair.

My only question is, is there a spot in the software that shows the battery charge? It would be nice to know at a glance.
Why it is not on the main page the new iCue does it better. Click settings then select you device.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/07/15/astro_gaming_a50_wireless_headset_base_station_review/4

So my already short short-list of five has become four :(

Steelseries Arctis 7
Astro Gaming A50
Logitech G933
Steelseries Wireless Pro
Audeze Mobius

I have the wired version of the Arctis Pro. I would highly recommend it as well as the wireless version just based on build quality and the fact that you can hot swap batteries to keep going. That was always my problem with the A50 as well as the upcoming Audeze. Let's say you just game for awhile or you forget to put it back on the charging stand. Now you have to wire in and charge it for a bit versus just popping in a new battery.

Can you not just plug in a cord for a couple of game-hours like I do with my XBox controller? I wonder what the substantive difference is between my Sennheisers which will go 22 hrs against one of the main headset brands which seem to do half that at best?

I just purchased the Audeze Mobius, I have not got them in yet but have heard great things from a few people who have heard them through demos. If you haven't checked them out, I would suggest you take a look.

I just purchased the Audeze Mobius, I have not got them in yet but have heard great things from a few people who have heard them through demos. If you haven't checked them out, I would suggest you take a look.
I bought a set as well. No shipment yet.

Well the Corsair Void Pro is returned, just going back to my old wired HD598's. The continuous problems with Discord make it a total no-go. The guy at Best Buy even warned me that people return the Corsair units constantly because of problems with Discord and I brushed him off, should have listened.

Well the Corsair Void Pro is returned, just going back to my old wired HD598's. The continuous problems with Discord make it a total no-go. The guy at Best Buy even warned me that people return the Corsair units constantly because of problems with Discord and I brushed him off, should have listened.
Could you be more specific as to what the issues were? I just used mine on Discord for 5 hours

booo! But good to see dedication to quality and listening to customer feedback.

I'll probably be considering them after general retail availability, and while their setback is a bit disappointing, it's quite obvious that Audeze is working to make a solid entrance.

In case anyone is wondering, the Mobius uses Waves Nx for its surround algorithm. You can try it for free for 30 days and purchase a Waves Nx license separately, and use it on any headphone you want, including any bluetooth headphone (or bluetooth dongle that you use to make a wired headphone wireless...hint) for $10, as it simply pretends to be a 7.1 sound card in Windows. The tracker can also be purchased separately for $99, if you want that functionality.

While we are at it, there are a lot of headphone independent hardware/software solutions that let you use any headphone. E.g. Out of Your Head software ($24.95 for the generic 7.1 HRTF, free 7 day trial) which in my opinion is better than Waves at rear cues (OOYH uses HRTF tech from the Smyth Realiser A8). External solutions include the Creative the X7 and E5 DAC/Amp combos that offer SBX surround, which is a very capable surround algorithm, and the X7 is compatible with the PS4 and Xbox which output Dolby Digital. Sennheiser's GSX1000 is also a popular 7.1 DAC/Amp. I am not familiar with internal soundcards but I am sure there are internal equivalents. All of those options are in my opinion superior to Dolby Headphone, which is I believe what the G933 uses.

I second Mad Lust Envy's thread over at head-fi for headphone recommendations. The original post is old but many of those cans are still for sale, or their updated models are, and the wealth of info in that thread for virtual surround gaming is pretty great.

Last edited:
Razer have their own version too. There are some good youtube video's which show the difference between the different systems. I confess that I have difficulty discerning he difference between them for the most part. I like that the voices move when the 'viewer' turns their head and it gives you additional sense of immersion but whether one sounds brighter than the other or is more flat etc is hard to do when you're not familiar with the source. easy to hear extra detail in a music track, for example, than in a repeated cut scene in a game unless one of those systems is head and shoulders above the others. I'm not sure they are.

I just tried the OOYH and it's pretty good but lacks in what is the fundamental flaw of all head gear: Front imaging. It opens up the sound somewhat but still can't create an image like good speakers can.

I just tried the OOYH and it's pretty good but lacks in what is the fundamental flaw of all head gear: Front imaging. It opens up the sound somewhat but still can't create an image like good speakers can.

Damn, and I was thinking about trying it. I've been using the Razer software since it gets me an easy inline equalizer.

What cans are you using with it?

Damn, and I was thinking about trying it. I've been using the Razer software since it gets me an easy inline equalizer.

What cans are you using with it?

I tested it with my Bose QC20 earbuds and my laptop. OOYH doesn't have head tracking which is a must to really fool the brain. It wasn't bad, it was very spacious for a headphone. You can try it for free at their website...

I tested it with my Bose QC20 earbuds and my laptop. OOYH doesn't have head tracking which is a must to really fool the brain. It wasn't bad, it was very spacious for a headphone. You can try it for free at their website...

Thanks, I just might. I'll be using my Focal Elex and Sony MDR-Z7 cans.

I'm more of a rear cues person myself and for that OOYH was great. I did not notice a front imaging deficiency, I did notice that I had to seriously pump up the volume thought to get anything loud. And the software is sort of buggy and looks kind of dated. I think it's a one man operation.

Since it is free no reason not to try it, other than wasted time.But, it is also dependent on luck of the draw since the demo (and all of the other presets) are a generic HRTF. I.e. basically someone else's head and ears, which may or may not be close to another users. This is the "ask 10 different people get 10 different answers" problem with all non-customized VSS solutions. I believe Darin (creator of the software) will take a personal measurement, if you have one, and do a custom preset for you (for $150!).

Also give Waves Nx a try, as you can purchase a head tracker for that software (and it is also a free demo).

Last edited:
Constantly losing sound and mic in Discord only, probably every 15-20 minutes. Games or other sounds continued to work and I could use in game voice just fine, but the only solution was to close out Discord and restart the headset every couple of minutes. When it got to the point where I was spending more time dicking with the headset than playing a game in my limited down time I got rid of it. There was no way to know you had a problem unless you use the overlay and see the people lighting up as they talk but not hearing anything.

To be fair, I was warned. Like I said, it did exactly what the guy at best buy said people were returning them for exactly as he explained it when I picked it up (which I assumed was user error at the time since big box store employees generally say a lot of stuff to sell you a more expensive item). I don't know if its a problem with the discord app itself or the Corsair software but I got tired of it real quick and none of the "solutions" I could find worked.

i had this problem as well and it's usually related to going in and out of connection range with the mic boom down still since the headset turns the mic off to save battery while out of range.. the work around was that if you went out of range with the headset just put mic boom up while out of range and/or just lift it up and down when you get back in range and works perfectly fine after. this isn't specific to discord. once i figured that out after the second day of owning them i've never had an issue since.

i had this problem as well and it's usually related to going in and out of connection range with the mic boom down still since the headset turns the mic off to save battery while out of range.. the work around was that if you went out of range with the headset just put mic boom up while out of range and/or just lift it up and down when you get back in range and works perfectly fine after. this isn't specific to discord. once i figured that out after the second day of owning them i've never had an issue since.

That wasn't the problem at all, I never moved and all other audio including teamspeak worked fine. This issue is specific to the Corsair software and dates back to 2015 if their forums are anything to go by. Supposedly "been fixed" several times now.

That wasn't the problem at all, I never moved and all other audio including teamspeak worked fine. This issue is specific to the Corsair software and dates back to 2015 if their forums are anything to go by. Supposedly "been fixed" several times now.

dunno, never had a problem on the software side other than the previous version having ad's telling me to buy keyboards or mice or headsets i didn't want.. ever since they moved everything over to iCue a couple months ago it's way cleaner and much easier to use now.

Back