Best wireless gaming mouse?

i didnt know you had to have your system on to recharge the mamba....seems stupid. they should have had a wall adapter like logitech. guess ill stay with my mx revolution then. damn i was almost gonna buy a mamba, but i wont now. what moron designs a rechargeable mouse that charges only when the system is on.....most people use the mouse then. oh well ill buy something else.

i didnt know you had to have your system on to recharge the mamba....seems stupid. they should have had a wall adapter like logitech. guess ill stay with my mx revolution then. damn i was almost gonna buy a mamba, but i wont now. what moron designs a rechargeable mouse that charges only when the system is on.....most people use the mouse then. oh well ill buy something else.

you are wrong, the mouse does indeed charge when the system is off, the only difference is the base won't be lid up when it's charging with the computer off.

Pray tell, how does the Mamba charge itself on a USB cradle when the computer is off, meaning there is no power going through the USB port?

My Mamba cuts off when the PC goes into sleep mode and when the PC is turned off. I use a $10 USB wall charger to juice it up when my PC is off. Reviewers of the mouse encountered the same.

Has the filmware been updated to charge while the PC is off?

My Mamba cuts off when the PC goes into sleep mode and when the PC is turned off. I use a $10 USB wall charger to juice it up when my PC is off. Reviewers of the mouse encountered the same.

Has the filmware been updated to charge while the PC is off?

No....I updated the firmware a week ago (BTW, I discovered that you need to follow their instructions exactly or it won't update at all). This looks like a good idea about the USB wall charger. I have a hub that is plugged in but it is a couple of years old and I think it is powered only when then computer is powered.

I would say the Mamba or the Logitech G7. I have tried both. But for the price and performance I would go with the G7

Pray tell, how does the Mamba charge itself on a USB cradle when the computer is off, meaning there is no power going through the USB port?

Some mobos (more recent ones especially) still drive current through PS/2 / USB even though the computer is off. (as long as the Power switch on the PSU is still on)

Some mobos (more recent ones especially) still drive current through PS/2 / USB even though the computer is off. (as long as the Power switch on the PSU is still on)

Thank you. Just to the skeptic: why would I lie about something like that?

The old logitech mx1000 was the only wireless mouse I could really use for gaming. Didn't have any latency issues for fps gaming. I didn't enjoy the shape of the G7 and ended up giving it away to a friend. The Mamba feels pretty good in my hand, but I couldn't justify the cost of buying one.

KayossZero said:
Yes, I know that. However, my response was directly in response to RadioDude's post:

RadioDude said:
you are wrong, the mouse does indeed charge when the system is off, the only difference is the base won't be lid up when it's charging with the computer off.
He makes it seem like it will work with any motherboard if the computer is off. I'd hate to see some poor guy buy the Mamba and expect it to charge up, as if through magic. My post was to point out that you can't go around saying "You're wrong because it doesn't work that way for me" without clarifying your position.

Yes, I know that. However, my response was directly in response to RadioDude's post:

If you knew that already, why didn't you clarify the statement I made instead of pointing me out as a liar

He makes it seem like it will work with any motherboard if the computer is off. I'd hate to see some poor guy buy the Mamba and expect it to charge up, as if through magic. My post was to point out that you can't go around saying "You're wrong because it doesn't work that way for me" without clarifying your position.

I agree I should've clarified my statement but the person posted above me made it seem like no computer can charge it while its off. I simply provided a counter argument

Last edited:
Back