Best wireless audio streamer for the price?

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
I've had a wireless streamer (Logitech bluetooth receiver) for several years. I'd like to upgrade to a unit that allows the music to be browsed/selected on the streamed end.

I have a server that is always on that stores the music. I've been looking at several options, but found most to be pretty ridiculously priced. A decent sonos setup would run several hundred dollars. A decent logitech squeezebox would again, be at minimum $200.

I find this a bit expensive just to get wireless audio streaming in place, and probably outside of my budget. Besides, at that point, I could be buying a PS3 or Xbox360 and let them handle the streaming. (Granted I'd have to supply a TV for an interface.)

I've seen older Logitech streaming devices for ~$60, Wireless DJ Music to be exact. These seem to run on bluetooth, have interference issues, and therefore aren't feasible.

I have an ipod touch which would be great if the unit could be used as the remote.

Does anyone know of some decent solution, for say ~$100?

That might be a decent option, although it'd be nice to have something that had RCA outputs. Thanks for the link.

Even though the squeeze box is pricey I consider it the best piece of stereo equipment I have purchased in a long time. Being able to stream any CD in my collection plus internet radio at the press of a button is something I dont think I could give up after making the change....my old CD players just collect dust in a closet once the squeezebox moved in.

Back