best windows utilities package preferably free

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking for a really good system maintenance package. ccleaner is not as good anymore especially since Avast bought them. I have had issues with both Tuneup utilities and system mech including dealing with an obnoxiously rude tech guy tried to tell me that a crash event with system mechanic in event viewer wasn't a problem. Well I'm done with iolo free stuff sometimes is so much better. Would appreciate your recommendations..

I still use an older version of CCleaner, no issues, version 4.19 or whatever, it's not like such a utility can suddenly just "do more" than it was designed to do because they gave it a new coat of paint or theme or something. As for anything else, Windows doesn't really need cleansing all that often aside from temp files laying around and CCleaner handles that (yes, I mean the older version). Windows has the Disk Cleanup utility also that handles some things like that and other files as well.

I get what those utilities are supposed to be doing for people but more frequently than not when I get calls from clients to help them it's usually because of some piece of shit "system mechanic cleanup utility malware protector" bullshit app they either purchased or someone recommended to them as the best thing ever.

Seriously, Windows takes care of itself pretty well. :p

what he said. Ive run ccleaner and spybot once each on this two year old install of 10, it just does its thing.

Back