Best WiFi B/G Solution for a 2-Mile+ Link?

eighteen_psi

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to connect roughly 2 miles with a rough 5-degree coverage angle. I've decided that this

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2424g.php

antenna is probably the best (that I've seen for a reasonable price). What is the best card/adapter for PCI application in a desktop? Orinico with a PCI adapter or has something better come along?

niccoli

Limp Gawd
Those with some orinoco cards should work great. That's what the local Wireless ISP here where I live use for there backbone wireless connection. They have had up to 2 inches of ice build up on the antennas and still had good enough signal to support the backbone.

Nate7311

2[H]4U
That's the same antenna That I've got cookin with a 3 mile link. 2 Orinoco AP's in Bridge mode between 2 schools. NO probs. Just take the time to make sure everything lined up properly.

eighteen_psi

[H]ard|Gawd
Would you mind providing a parts list? What about for a PC card setup? I don't know which connectors/pigtails I need for the orinoco...and what PCI adapter works? I had one before that didn't work with it but did work with other cards...like my netgear PCMCIA card.

ktwebb

[H]ard|Gawd
The orinoco pc cards use an MC connector. You'd use an N connector on the pigtail, antenna side. Have whoever you get the antenna from make your pigtail though. Don't try it unless you have some experience with it. Proxim (Orinoco/Avaya/Agere.etc..) makes a PCI solution. For that the end would probably be a Reverse TNC connector but it should say on the product description.