Best way to watch/stream your own videos online fast?

lachdanan

Limp Gawd
Basically I am working on a linux PC without direct internet access except NoMachine portal. I have a lot of videos on my hard drive that I need to watch (tutorials, so UI detail needs at least 720p). Playing them directly is very slow, laggy, etc on the firefox browser. These things are already set up so I can't install other browsers.

I saw that VLC had an option to stream videos. I assume it's smart to stream the video properly where you can go back and forth. I have VLC installed on the main machine, but not on NoMachine.

Not sure if there is a better way to do this or an alternative?

I don't know if we could run apps on NoMachine.

Uploading them on youtube as private videos only seem to give me 360p, and not only that, doesn't allow me to install some videos, claiming they are already uploaded when the yare not but also searching doesn't work at all when searching within your videos. It doesn't use the titles.

I uploaded some to dropbox, and that seems ok but also low res. If that's the best way I will use that of course. Maybe mega or some other online service has better options for this?

Thanks.

Emby Server + Emby mobile app for iOS/Android

I have stutter-free streaming access to my entire library when away from home

Thanks guys good options. But I can access the videos from firefox without installing an app? I don't think we can install apps on this virtual machine, i.e. NoMachine that runs the browser,

Thanks guys good options. But I can access the videos from firefox without installing an app? I don't think we can install apps on this virtual machine, i.e. NoMachine that runs the browser,

With Emby, yes. Full support for desktop and mobile browsers without any additional plugins required. Haven't played with Plex.

Last edited:
Plex - I can stream to my android phone, my tablet, my HTPC upstairs via Firefox Plex Player.

Back