Best way to ship bare motherboard?

TheGardenTool

2[H]4U
So I've got a Maximus Formula SE that the box went "missing" as well as the socket protector...long story but I think my wife threw out a bunch of "empty boxes" while I was in an extended away from home work-related assignment.

What would you guys suggest the best way to get the motherboard ready for shipping without damaging anything? Not going to mind spending a few bucks just to make sure I can reasonable sleep at night knowing the socket won't get bent pins or anything else should happen while I'm asleep at night. I've seen what a few of my recently delivered boxes look (no offense to those that work at the shipping companies but quite a few delivered boxes of mine lately have been through Hades and back).

And as a FYI, the board isn't sold or listed for sale anywhere as I wanted to wait until I felt I could reasonable ship the mobo without guilt. I thought I would build a cheap system to give to a friend but after seeing what I could still probably get out a Q9550 I thought twice about it :cool:. Plus he lives out in BFE and can't even get High Speed Internet without going through a sat company :mad:

I'd try to find someone who has a socket protect, I might will look in the morning. When I received a board it was in an anti-static bag, wrapped in bubble wrap almost 1 inch all around then put in a box with that instant packing foam stuff. A bit excessive, but came with no damage.

Wrap it up in shag carpeting and swiffer dusters :p

No seriously a large anti static bag would be good but to cover the socket I would see if you could cut some clear semi hard plastic with scissors from some (you know that stuff that everything comes in now adays and its hard as hell to get into) packaging and make a socket protector that would fit in there.

put something to cover cpu socket---->anti-static bag the mobo---->bubble wrap mobo---> mobo in USPS medium flat rate box----> add paper or shipping peanuts until it padded where it doesn't move----> ship.

put something to cover cpu socket---->anti-static bag the mobo---->bubble wrap mobo---> mobo in USPS medium flat rate box----> add paper or shipping peanuts until it padded where it doesn't move----> ship.

^^^Winner.

/Thread

lmao it is you

The rolling eyes was regarding your immaturity, not me saying that I don't post on Slickdeals as well.

Are you going to carry on?
I have PM, we can discuss whatever you like, for as long as you like, if you like.

Otherwise - let this thread go back on topic.

Depending on the cost of the mobo, I go one step more and put that USPS flat rate in another box with peanuts all around it.

Well I think I ended up finding the perfect solution to my issue....

I found an LGA 775 Celeron D 3xx laying around that is probably worth less than the cost to buy just 1 of those socket covers. Now I just need to buy a few extra anti-static bags.

Back