Best way to mount a window?

heyheyhey

Gawd
well, im about to hack up my new shuttle... want a window in it, but i dont want striping. im looking at riveting it or using liquid nails/epoxy/super or some strong double sided tape. any recommendations?

I used bolts one time for an "industrial" mod, looked good IMO.

my problem is I cant cut straight worth crap, so for every other mod its been double-sided tape on the window, and molding on the jagged cuts

The material for making window mods. The actual window part itself. Does it create hotspots in it? In other words, does it conduct heat well or does it just let certain parts get hot. Would that make the overall case temp go up then as opposed to an all aluminum without the window?

In order to mount a window...

first give it a beer.

Sorry - had to say it.

IMO inner mounting looks best...ive used some heavy duty weather striping tape and that has worked great for me, the silicon will work great too...im just not a fan of bolts, screws, rivets, or anything else holding the window in place...i think it looks like the half-a$$ed body-kits on cars that are attached with wood screws or rivets...ugh...

My next window Im doing an inner mount with chicago screws to hold it in.

Originally posted by blk95civicex
IMO inner mounting looks best...ive used some heavy duty weather striping tape and that has worked great for me, the silicon will work great too...im just not a fan of bolts, screws, rivets, or anything else holding the window in place...i think it looks like the half-a$$ed body-kits on cars that are attached with wood screws or rivets...ugh...

that does sound like a good idea... may try it

I've had good luck with epoxy, although I think right now my window is being held on with some brown packing tape. Never got around to epoxying that one. I've never used any moulding or anything because my windows tend to be funky shapes.

Back