Best way to get truly random shuffle in any media player

ZeqOBpf6

Gawd
The way VLC handles playlists for how I like to watch TV is far from ideal.

I have a folder called TV, and in it are 10 shows, and each show has 10 seasons, and each season is 20 episodes. 2,000 individual episodes.

What I want is to hit play, with shuffle enabled, and have it completely randomize what the next episode will be.

Unfortunately, When I drop "TV" in to a playlist, the first episode it gets, let's say show 5 season 8 episode 8, is the first folder to truly fully expand in the playlist, so the odds of the next episode being from that season, let alone that show, are *really* high.

This bums me out because I always end up getting a lot of one show and hardly any of the rest.

This problem would be solved if, by dropping "TV" in to the playlist, it just added show 1 episode 1, show 1 episode 2, and so on and so forth. I'm sure anyone who's messed around with this sort of thing knows what I'm talking about.

I used to use MPC but that annoyed me because any time I add a show or episode I have to repopulate (takes forever) and save the new playlist

How is this such an issue =\

After really testing around with this I've learned that by dropping a folder and waiting, about 20 seconds for a show and two minutes for all of TV it in fact, expands everything and drops each episode in. Yea!

Back