Best way to disable RGB

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like the only way is to find the power leads and pull them. ???

Seems that the one on the back of the MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio are on the board so can't just pull a plug.

My new motherboard just has BIOS setting.

Last edited:
Check the MSI site for an app for it. EVGA controls it via their px1 software, would imagine afterburner also has led control.

Don't see anything in Afterburner. They have an RGB app, I think you have to use it and forever. You can't just turn them off and leave it the app has to run every time you start windows.

The evga app lets you set it and forget it. I set mine to follow temps/colors, I don't let it start on windows reboot and it keeps the cyan color I chose on reboot. I'd try the msi app and see if it behaves the same way. The out of the box color was green for me.

If you're brave and don't mind possibly voiding your warranty, you could remove/destroy the controller chip or one of the traces going to it.

The evga app lets you set it and forget it. I set mine to follow temps/colors, I don't let it start on windows reboot and it keeps the cyan color I chose on reboot. I'd try the msi app and see if it behaves the same way. The out of the box color was green for me.
I guess I'll give that a shot. Not going to be scraping traces. :) The MSI has rainbow puke and would just like it to be off unless something is wrong and it would be better to just have an led for that. I hate to think of all the time, money, energy wasted for this RBG stuff and shiny boxes and so on. Just give me the PCB in a brown box and I'll put the best cooler for my needs on it. :)

Reactions: x509
like this
Back