best way to auto backup one file?

amrogers3

Gawd
Keep losing Safari history on osx because of user error. The current LestSession.pslist is cleared and I have lost all of my tabs. I want to backup this file to prevent loss in the future.

I don't need to run a full backup like with Time Machine, I just need to copy one file. I am thinking of running a cron job and just copying the pslist to iCloud every night.

What is the best way to copy this file over everynight without overwriting the one from the previous night?

Probably be easy with a script but I am not so good with code/scripting.

kennyluu87

Weaksauce
Try using google drive to automatically run the backup. Google drive keeps historical data whenever the file with the same name changes or gets written over. You can go into the history of when it was last usable and restore it from there.

amrogers3

Gawd
Thanks for the suggestion.

I would rather not install anything on my computer to do the backup.

Upon further research, it appears "cp" with the -n option will work.

Anyone know if there is a better way to backup a single file to iCloud without installing any software?

Last edited:

Logan115

n00b
Anyone know if there is a better way to backup a single file to iCloud without installing any software?
I think you will need certain application anyway. With basic features and permissions for Internet connections. And talking of that, what I was searching recently is that how much does it cost to develop an app , cause our CEO managers asked us to make a separate application for our firm needs, and a website as well. It turns out not so much, but you have to control every step and level of development process, I think.

Last edited: