best watercooling additive?

None.

Honestly, distilled H2o has the best thermallay conductive properties of any liquid comonly used in PC applications.

The additive most used by really serious coolers is Zerex racing super coolant in very, very small quantities.

So just boil the water and keep it for a while, that will make it distilled right?

So just boil the water and keep it for a while, that will make it distilled right?

Pick it up at walmart for 69 cents a gallon. I use straight distilled H20 on my setup because its all copper and has low exposure to sunlight (possible algae growth). If you have aluminum and copper in your setup i.e. dangerden gpu block I wouldn't recommend this due to galvanic corrosion.

Boiling water does the opposite of distilling it. Distilled water is the cheapest thing you'll every buy for your PC, just get some at the grocery store. :)

Whatever you do don't get MCT-5

90/10 mix of distilled water and Pentosin here.

I might be spelling it wrong but it's the Audi/VW coolant. I picked a gallon of it up at a local dealership for $20 and at 10% dilutions I have enough to last a lifetime and then some.

BTW, I just did a search on Pentosin and found a zillion threads and a few links on this forum.

Yep, Pentosin.

No additive is the best. Really.

(I'm doing 50/50 glycol/distilled, through an eheim 1250, whitewater, 1/2" tygon, all cooled by the tehcmuseh 1/4 running r507)

I know it's more expensive, but I really like the Koolance liquid. It's got all the the anti-corrosion and anti-critter stuff guilt in. It's also about the prettiest blue that's out there (IMHO). And it doesn't gunk up your tubing!

I run a distilled water and dextron antifreeze mix. It's a pretty neat orange color, prevents corrosion (which hopefully wouldn't be a problem in either of my loops, anyway), and should prevent the algae from running rampant.

Distilled :: BMW/VW/Audi coolant (rebadged Pentosin for North America)

90 :: 10

Works great. Pick it up at your local European car dealership...

Zerex Super Coolant also works great so long as you like pink -- but you'll be hard pressed to find it locally. You'll want to order online.

DarthBeavis said:
Where do you buy this H20 stuff? Is it powered or in liquid form?

It comes in a liquid, and you can buy some at the local car place, or a fine german automobile dealership.

Back