Best War RTS

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
What's the best war RTS? I like modern war RTS but anything would be pretty fun. I want to buy some strategy games and wasn't sure which ones are the best.

Men of War, very good WW2 RTS. I found it at half price books for 6 bucks.

Loved World in Conflict for its humanizing story, great graphical detail, and overall "solidity" of the game. Too bad the expansion only included a paltry few extra missions and levels. The cut scene leading to the assault on Ellis and Governors Island is still one of my favorites in my gaming history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOK7r1pa74M

dammit. I misread the title as Beast Wars RTS. Day = Ruined.
I'm sorry. Hope you're doing okay.

Seriously, that sounds AWESOME, no matter which way I envision it; whether it's a full-blown SupCom type of RTS or more along the lines of Warcraft III with the big-name Maximals/Predacons being Hero units...man, someone needs to make a mod for that ASAP!

World in Conflict is one of the best made PC games I've ever seen, the concepts behind the game make it accessible to RTS newbs (RTS online does tend to be quite elitist) and overall the game is detailed, fun and packed full of options.

I honestly can't fault this game at all, they've included everything, all the graphics controls you'll ever need like in game AA/AF, vsync, aspect ratio control, they have auto patching in game, they have a built in benchmark, they even have options for colourblind people.

The game itself is fun online, large number of players per server, you can join mid game if someone else drops out, theres no resource management you're just given points to spend on units and you duke it out.

CoH is also very good, but in a more micromangement kind of way, if you're not aggressive in taking resources you'll lose, so theres not much defensive play, it's definately more skill based and less teamwork based, WiC defines the roles between players on the same team a lot tighter.

I'm not a huge RTS fan but I enjoyed both those games a lot, I think they're the only RTS games I actually own, I dont get on with many others enough to buy them.

Company of Heroes felt very polished to me when I tried it.

But, I've never jived with standard RTS games. I found it too difficult for me, but then again I knew that going into it. I just don't do too well with games with a lot of micromanagement. RTS, Sims, etc. I just suck at those and don't spend the time to really learn how to get better. Just too frustrating for me.

But, I loved World in Conflict. Just an awesome game. But if you are looking for a true RTS then this probably isn't it, but it had a nice storyline and fun gameplay.

I'm sorry. Hope you're doing okay.

Seriously, that sounds AWESOME, no matter which way I envision it; whether it's a full-blown SupCom type of RTS or more along the lines of Warcraft III with the big-name Maximals/Predacons being Hero units...man, someone needs to make a mod for that ASAP!

I KNOOOW *pout*

Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far :p

For some reason, I couldn't stand World In Conflict. Company Of Heroes was good though.

How is R.U.S.E doing? I played the demo a while back on steam it seamed pretty fun.

+1 for WiC I like C&C generals and the zero hour expansion it was the last good C&C game

CoH if you like base building, unit spamming, and tanks with hitpoints.

Men of War if you want a lot more realism.

Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin or CM: Afrika Corps if you want realism at the expense of graphics.

Company of Heroes is probably my favorite RTS of all time. I also have World in Conflict, which I bought at full price, but played twice. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, it just had the misfortune of sharing time with CoH.. which just wasn't happening.

Back