Best Voice comm. software?

im_electronic

Limp Gawd
what is the best voice communications software for games that don't have it built in, or for a clan to go pwn n00bs on a public server?

I'm hosting a dedicated XIII server, and possibly another game on a SMP system, and want to add voice chat to it, free to the players, cheap as possible(free) to me.

I've only used teamspeak so I can't really make a comparison. I can only say its always done the job and done the job well. Quality is solely dependent on what codec you choose, I have never had a problem on that end. The organization is good, channel commander is a good feature, and I think it uses less resources than Ventrillo but don't quote me on that.

like deathBOB, I've only used teamspeak - however it gets the job done and doesn't seem to lag up gaming at all.

I've used Teamspeak and Ventrilo and I prefer Ventrilo. They're both similar and it's really just personal preference. I mainly prefer Ventrilo's simplified interface.

Ventrilo then teamspeak...

I have only hosted small ventrilo stuff, namely under 20 people, and it was very easy and simple.

Teamspeak. I still have issues where my vioce activation still does not work on Vent. Works perfect for Teamspeak.

Teamspeak better on resources but takes more bandwidth, Ventrilo more resources but less bandwidth. I believe that has become the general consensus.

Server wise, I'd go for Teamspeak. Webbased changable interface is very nice. I can add, change, edit whatever anywhere, just need to log in, put in the password and I'm good to go.

roger wilco was good stuff ;D

Lately it's been TS, which I've grown to like for the most part...lots of control. I tried ventrillo in passing, seemed pretty good.

Back