Best version of F@H for a PIII

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
I just upgraded my main box's F@H client to version 4 and added in the -advmethods and -forcesse flags. Would I actually benefit from upgrading form version 3 on the PIII to version 4, or should I just stick with version 3? It's running windows. I'm going to probably shut this thing down and put my SCSI card in it so I can use this little box for a fileserver as well. :)

the "core" is the bigger deal... and that updates itself (kinda... on an "as needed" basis)... you'd see a differance of zero to a few percent if rumors are true... but NOT any amount to write home about. if it's easy, do it. if not, go feed somebody pizza and install folding on their box. THAT is the way to get your output up :D

Originally posted by sharp
the "core" is the bigger deal... and that updates itself (kinda... on an "as needed" basis)... you'd see a differance of zero to a few percent if rumors are true... but NOT any amount to write home about. if it's easy, do it. if not, go feed somebody pizza and install folding on their box. THAT is the way to get your output up :D

Ah, nice to see another Oregonian on here. :)

I'm not looking for output, just stability. :) Yeah, the pizza idea is in the works... ;)

both stable and good to go. if on AMD machines, you should stay away from -forcesse until they get the issue worked out (UNstable as of late with that tag), -forceasm is still ok, as it will use the 3d+ or whatever extensions instead.

Originally posted by sharp
both stable and good to go. if on AMD machines, you should stay away from -forcesse until they get the issue worked out (UNstable as of late with that tag), -forceasm is still ok, as it will use the 3d+ or whatever extensions instead.

I use both of my AMD systems daily, so I think I'll be okay with -forcesse. I just turned -forceasm on on the Dell, just to see if that helps any. Going to add the PIII 550 later today, once I can find a HDD large enough for it. :(

Back