Best Used Laptop that supports 16GB?

s0me0ne

n00b
Any suggestions?

Need a laptop that can handle big photoshop files (these are over 200mb in size or sometimes 1gb in size) and load them fast without lagging out, so 16gb ram is required.

what does best mean? Most powerful? Lightest weight? Best battery life? Gonna have to be a little more specific, since almost any laptop can take 16gb.

My work laptop is a Thinkpad Yoga 260. 12.5", weighs less than 4 lbs, intel onboard video, and has 16GB RAM.

The screen is IPS, sure, but PWM makes a flicker I can notice.

So, yes, give more details. There are tons of laptops that would be more appropriate than my work laptop for that kind of purpose. Hell, my personal laptop is more highly specced than 90% of the servers we have in production, and more powerful than all but one of over 170 engineering workstations in production.

16GB of RAM was something to get excited about...in 2010. These days, I find that to be the lowest I'd consider for day to day use. You don't have to look hard to find that much RAM, or to find IPS screens. You can get a laptop that has that for the same price I paid just to upgrade my old EliteBook 8560W from a 1080p TN to a 1080p IPS DreamColor back in 2010. So what else are you looking for?

Back