Best used card around the $40-$50 range?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
What is the best used card around the $40-$50 used range?

This will go into an AMD x2 6000 system with 4GB DDR2 ram. I have a small 60GB ssd for the OS drive and Mint linux 64bit.

Will be used for emulation on my tv. Got all the parts for free except the video card is shot on it.

You might be able to find a GTX 750 (non-Ti) or an HD 6950 at that price....

You might be able to get a GTX 670 for that much if you are patient and watch the FS/T forum and eBay for a bit. Or, if you're willing to expand your budget, you can get one for around $70 pretty easily.

My boss gave it to me. He had it laying around collecting dust. He totally forgot he had it.

And on the cool side just found a hp z400 without a faceplate that was headed for the trash. Boss said I could have it.

Intel Xeon W3550 and 6GB DDR3 Ecc ram.

The front panel is missing and its extremely beat up but it works!

I'd take that 480 and replace the 760 in your "desktop 2" then use the 760 on the X2 build.

Well..... linux apparently doesn't like the 480 video card. It works but has no sound coming out of the hdmi.....

Oh wow, haha, funny thing about that...

I had a Q6600 which was originally built with a GTX260 (192) which was then traded up to a GTX285. The GTX285's fan controller and temp probe went, eventually cooked itself, and that was replaced with a GTX 660 Ti.
I still have my EVGA GTX285 that I traded up from a GTX260 (192). I purchased the Advance RMA option for the 285 and the card has the lifetime warranty, wonder what they would replace it with if it failed now?

Back