Best TV for gaming

Pivo504

2[H]4U
So I'm thinking of getting a TV for gaming and leaning towards a LG C2 Series 42-Inch Class OLED evo Gallery Edition Smart TV OLED42C2PUA. Is this the best you can get for price to size performance, I don't want anything bigger

So I'm thinking of getting a TV for gaming and leaning towards a LG C2 Series 42-Inch Class OLED evo Gallery Edition Smart TV OLED42C2PUA. Is this the best you can get for price to size performance, I don't want anything bigger
If you want OLED there are many options. If you want mini led there are many options also. Decide which tech you want to then decide which panel you want.

If you want a TV then LG G2 seems like the best option. This year LG will have MLA tech in their panels but so far announcements indicate it will be available only on 55, 65 and 77 inch G3 models while smaller sized panels (and less expensive larger models) will use the same or little changed panels as last year models.
Likewise no announcement of 42/48 inch QD-OLED panels for this year so G2 might be as good as it gets.
That said G2 is offers little improvement over C2. Its main advantage is slightly higher brightness but here without any real technological improvements as these TVs most likely use the same panels and more expensive model is just pushed harder.

Another option which you might want to consider is going PC monitor route if you can live without smart TV features.
Here you will get 138Hz refresh rate vs standard 120Hz and some of the monitors have matte coating. Downside is that monitors usually are less bright.
Monitors also do not have smart TV functions so no watching Netflix on your display alone. On the other hand you get DisplayPort connection.

Myself I got LG 48GQ900 a 48 inch matte OLED with 138Hz screen refresh and hardware calibration (for SDR) feature.
The biggest advantage over TVs and the reason I got it is matte screen coating which does not reflect me or other bright objects.
138Hz is a nice improvement over 120Hz though not likely to be utilized with my hardware as my PC struggles at even 100 fps in games let alone >130fps and PS5 can at most use 120Hz mode.
Another advantage imho and one of the reasons I got this monitor and not TV is gaming monitor stand. Love the looks of this thing, screams the fact its for PS5 and gaming PC and not a TV.

Here my setup. Cable sticking out the front is audio connection to amplifier. Didn't have optical cable on hand...
20230301_194938.jpg

No 42 inch option from LG for whatever reason...
Asus PG42UQ https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Swift-Gaming-Monitor-PG42UQ/dp/B0BBSV1LK5 is however 42 inch option with matte coating and nice looking gaming monitor stand if you are interested.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah pretty much.

Sweet. So if I plan to use this with a lap top should I make sure the laptop supports hdmi 2.1 output?

So I've measured where I plan to mount this and the space is literally 37 inches wide by 23 inches tall. After looking at the dimensions on LG it seems it's 36.7 22.7.. Not sure if this will fit correctly lol is there anything smaller that might be just as good in the OLED and at least at 120 h refresh?

So I've measured where I plan to mount this and the space is literally 37 inches wide by 23 inches tall. After looking at the dimensions on LG it seems it's 36.7 22.7.. Not sure if this will fit correctly lol is there anything smaller that might be just as good in the OLED and at least at 120 h refresh?
The smallest 4K 120+ Hz OLEDs are the LG 42" models. The only smaller OLEDs are the LG 27" 2560x1440 240 Hz and Samsung QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 175 Hz models.

LG C1's are better as they support 120hz BFI. Just something to consider if you're just after gaming.

EDIT: Looks like you're space constrained. C1's only go down to 48 inches. Just check your measurements to see if it can fit or not. If not, then it seems that if your intent to go OLED is still intact then 42 inches is your only real choice here.

LG C1's are better as they support 120hz BFI. Just something to consider if you're just after gaming.

EDIT: Looks like you're space constrained. C1's only go down to 48 inches. Just check your measurements to see if it can fit or not. If not, then it seems that if your intent to go OLED is still intact then 42 inches is your only real choice here.
I only have 37w by 24h... Will the 42 fit? I read that it's measurements are 36.7x22.7

Back