Best Trojan/Spyware/Malware Scanner/Cleaner?

Sob Rogue

Limp Gawd
Was looking around and didn't find much on Trojanware, Spyware, or Malware cleaners. I'm trying to salvage a computer before I perform a clean install. This computer is not mine, I don't have the software, I didn't want to fix it, but it was forced on me. Its full of everything and anything as far as malware, spyware, and trojanware are concerned. What is the best way to clean? Or what scanners should I be using?

I've used Spybot, Adaware, SuperAntiSpyware, AntVir, and Norton. But, there are still stuff on it. I don't want to waste my life away finding specific trojanware fixes either..is there a generic scanner that will look for all sorts of trojanware, rather than a specific type?

Like I said, this computer it no mine, I wanna get rid of if as fast and easy as possibly, minus a clean install (I don't have software or XP key for it)..

Thanks

I haven't found 1x product that's been effective enough to use by itself...when I'm cleaning infested systems.

First thing I run is CCleaner. It's great at removing temp files...and in doing such...you cut down the amount of useless "junk" that ad/spyware scanners have to scan..so it saves you time.

Spybot S&D...I still find it good....update, each time you update you must reimmunize..and run scan. Recently v 1.6 came out.

SuperAntispyware is very effective....free, frequent updates. It slows down your system a bit...I only leave it running full time protection on end users who I know will infect themselves easily.

Grisoft AVG "AS"...their Antispyware product is good, I'm not overly fond of their antivirus, but this is a redoing of the Ewido product...which itself was a great cleaning tool...that Grisoft bought up. It's a "trial"...so I install it...update it, run a few scans..and then uninstall it.

A-Squared has been around a while..and is also a good scanner/removal tool. They have a free version.

Adaware...I've not found this very useful over the past several years...I don't even use it anymore.

SpywareBlaster is a good "protection" program..does not slow down performance, it is not a removal tool but it helps protect those who find themselves picking up malware. Think of it as a condom for your web browser (protects both IE and Firefox).

Don't forget to turn off system restore and boot into safe mode. Chances are a lot of your malware keeps coming back after you remove it because it is hiding in System Restore . . .

I also CCleaner a computer a few times before I run scans. Then I turn off system restore, install SpyBot, SuperAntispyware. Boot into safe mode, run a full system scan with whatever AV program they have, the run spybot, immunize, then run superantispyware. CCleaner it again. Boot normally. If it's still goofy then I'll install the trial of ESET NOD32 and do a full scan that way. Then I'll go through it with HiJackThis! and delete the left-overs if there are any.

Prevx.

This program is HARDCORE. I usually just install the trial, update it, let it do its thing and then remove it.

It is a beast.

Back