Best torrent download software?

Utorrent in windows, Transmission in OSX. However, don't use BT much anymore. Usenet FTW.

I found a post on the utorrent forum about NOD32 users of ver (3.0+) getting slow net traffic.

The fix was to exclude IMON from checking utorrent.exe (browser).

:D:D

For the record I use Transmission in OSX (Azureus is SHIT on OSX) and uTorrent on Windows.

So...reading the first page of this, I noticed a mention of opening and using port 6881...does this really make it go faster? If so, how could I open up that port (and put it to stealth mind you) through the built in OS X firewall? Couldn't figure that out...

Faster torrents are always good.

rofl someone revived an ollllld thread.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what port you open so as long as it isn't reserved for something else. In fact I would strongly reccomend you DONT use that port and have utorrent pick a random one for you. There are plenty of guides out there on how to do port forwarding. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

rofl someone revived an ollllld thread.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what port you open so as long as it isn't reserved for something else. In fact I would strongly reccomend you DONT use that port and have utorrent pick a random one for you. There are plenty of guides out there on how to do port forwarding. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Yea, that's what I figured. I didn't think what port you used really made a difference. Thanks :)

It's actually pronounced "micro-torrent" (the "µ" symbol means "micro" in math-speak). But most people like to call it "you-torrent". ;)

Tip: The "µ" symbol is easily accessed by holding down:

Code:
ALT
...and typing...
Code:

Isn't µ "mu" in math speak? ;)

OP:
I've used BitComet, Azureus, and µTorrent and have stuck with the latter as it had all the functionality I needed sans the bigger memory footprint of Azureus. As far as selecting specific files to download, you can do it with µTorrent.

Wow! I was going to say Azureus, but like others have stated, I did not like that new Java mess. It didn't really slow down my downloads or computer but I just didn't have no use for it. So after reading the whole thread I tried µTorrent.

Wow all I got to say. Instantly I found it familiar to the Azureus of old (B4 the java interface).

+1 for µTorrent from a Azureus user

+1 for uTorrent from a former Azureus user. I got tired of the laggy Java interface so I switched over a year or two ago, and I haven't looked back since. Azureus has some very nice advanced features, but I just got tired of the slow performance.

Heh...

torrenttetris.jpg

EDIT: Looks like NV and intel made it to the party. :D

Back