Best top down air coolers?

I find ID-Cooling a good product, and that's high praise considering I'm a Thermalright, be quiet!, Noctua, Phanteks, Cryorig kind of guy.

Which Low-Profile CPU Cooler would run cool and undervolted i9 12900 for rendering?
Good cooling is as much setting up case to flow cool air to components and coolers as it is about what cooler is used. Even a 360w TDP cooler cannot cool a 94w CPU if air entering cooler is being pre-heated by component cooler heated exhaust. A cooler cooling CPU to 70c with 24c air entering it is great. But same cooler with 44c air entering it will leave CPU at 90c (w/ same load & fan speed). That's how important case airflow is.

As for cooling 12900 while rendering your case needs to setup so it's cooler's heated exhaust away from cooler so it's not mixing with cool air entering case. As said before, it's very important to make sure air entering cooler is not being heated up on it's way to cooler.

Coolers like IS-60 V2, AXP-100, AXP100-x67. You could use a white ARGB fan like TF-12025-ARGB-SNOW or TL-C12RW. 24mm thick instead of stock 12-13mm fan so moves more air at lower speeds as well as being white ARGB.

Last edited:
I find ID-Cooling are good coolers. Considering I'm a die-hard Thermalright, be quiet!, Noctua, Phanteks, kind of guy, adding ID-Cooling to list says a lot about how good they are.

Back