Best time to buy a dell laptop?

hijynx54

Limp Gawd
Just curious when best time is to get lowest prices + best coupons on a dell laptop?

I am looking for a new laptop (sold mine few months ago) and need it before my trip to south africa which is on january 4th.

I decided to go with dell, mainly because their warranty/support. I had a bad experienced with my last laptop company, so figured mine as well go with best. Plus their prices are nice.

I was thinking X-mas would be best time, what is your all take? Do they have highest % coupons then as well as combined low prices then?

I am looking at probably the inspiron 9300 or whatever it is, the slightly bigger/stronger built laptop. After configuring it the way I wanted it was 1500 now after like a 35 or 40% coupon.

What you guys think is best way to go? I figured longer I wait, the better laptop I am going to get at same price since technology upgrades/gets cheaper so fast.

Thanks for the input.

Just keep checking on the prices and look for sales, and jump on it if it's a good deal. And theres no reason to limit yourself to Dell's. IBM, Gateway, Toshiba, HP, Sager, and others all make good units.

Yah but isnt dell only one with those great coupons on top of already super low prices?

when you use those coupons it takes away those $300 of instantly deals, it still is a great deal though if you go for the top and end up saving around $1000

hijynx54 said:
Yah but isnt dell only one with those great coupons on top of already super low prices?

They're the only one that has the great coupons, but all OEM's now have low priced units usually starting at around 5-6 hundred. Laptops are truely a place where "you get what you pay for", if you pay for a cheap Dell Inspiron, Toshiba Satellite, HP Pavilion, etc, thats exactly what you get. Pay the extra for the Latitude, Tecra/Portege, Omnibook/NC, etc you get a much better unit.

Yah I know they replace the 300 off coupons from the start, but with a 30-40% off coupon which is not rare at all, I can get a dell inspiron or latitude (Forget which is which) with a pentium M 2.0 gigs, 2 gigs of ram, 256mb geforce 6800go, maximum 4 year warranty with preium service accidental damage (will need that for sure!), and more for like 1300. With HP, Gateway, and other companies that is 2000+.

I can't remember how dell is around x-mas time, anyone know if they drop their prices a lot for holidays and give good coupons then? I figure I mine as well buy it right before my 30 hour plane trip and with the way technology goes 3-4 months from now, the stuff I want will be significantly cheaper. Hell I remember when I bought a laptop last december from ibuypower, it was 1600, was decked out, same one with even dell was like 2000 and rest were 2500+, but it was a mega piece of shit which ended up giving me more hassle than I wanted, anyways like 3 weeks after I bought it the prices on all sites dropped like 20% lol.

Back