Best thermal compound for cpu, gpu, motherboard northbridge

Rob94hawk

2[H]4U
Gonna pull my old rig apart & e-apply the thermal paste for my old socket 775 system before I install Windows 10 from Vista. CPU Q9650, GPU, & motherboard heat pipe for a GIGABYTE GA-X38T-DQ6. Best paste for all 3? AS5? Thanks.

823.jpg

I'll put it this way best nonconductive TIM, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
That said, only 3c separates it from AS5 which should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads

Fvxvyn.png

Reactions: x509
like this
I think you are confusing Conductonaut with Kryonaut. One is liquid-metal which is not compatible with aluminum. Kryonaut is fine to use.

Ignore the newegg drama queen. Kryonaut is just as safe to use as any other paste. If your concerned just use arctic cooling mx4. Its cheap and works.

I use mx2 or 4 usually as it's cheap. Noctua NT-H1 is my other go-to. Really they're all within a degree or two.

Kryonaut is not conductive or corrosive, it's the best paste right now, does not dry out like others, and performs as good or better.

I have two Gigabyte 775 boards laying around and one with an e8400 on it setting in a box .. I been thinking of restoring these boards because they are so colorful and it fits that FX 5800 Ultra vibe going on ..

Back