"best" stock airflow case for use with CNPS9500?

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
I would like to put together a new desktop machine which is primarily supposed to be quiet during normal operation (Internet, Word, etc), but also able to run Oblivion on my existing 1920x1200 display with high settings (at least higher than XBOX360 gfx quality anyway).

I would like to use the ZALMAN CNPS9500 because it seems to be the most quiet solution out there that scales up well (short of water cooling).

I would like to get a recommendation on which case to buy for this machine. Due to the heatpipe design I would favor a desktop case, though I well ventilated tower may work too. I definitely want to use 120mm fans, if not 140mm ones for the case ventilation to keep the noise down.

I don't want to mod the case as I have no expertise, tools, room, or time to do so.
I looked at the AeroCool AeroEngineII as potential candidate, though I will never understand why the rear fan area is so severely limited in airflow by the case design. Huge fan, and then 30% possible airflow or something like that. This is a mod I could easily do, take the saw to the case and just get rid of all the material and leave one big hole in back, perhaps replace the front grill with a 85% airflow one as well.

Any suggestions you may have will be highly appreciated. I don't need a fancy looking case with windows and the other stuff, I just need a functional one with great airflow that compliments the CNPS9500 airflow.

Edit:
Looks like the Antec Solution Series NSK2400 may be just what I need. See the SPCR NSK2400 review.

Edit2: Looks like the CNPS won't fit in the NSK2400, or it may when bending some fins. SI-120 will work though, so that's what it is.

The aerocool has two fans in the front. It looks like one fan in the pic, but there is a non-operational fan behind it from what I read. If you buy that case you may want to take that fake fan out.

edit: there may be some quiet cases for the 9500, but unlike your title, they might not be the "best" stock airflow. My navigator has good airflow (I also use the 9500 in it), but it borders on the loud side. It does have a fan speed control that helps.

Back