Best static pressure fans for radiators?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
What are the best static pressure fans for radiators? I want to replace the fans on my Black Ice GTX 480.

I currently have 4 of these:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0350039

I think I need something with more static pressure. What do you recommend? I don't really want to spend $20+ each and want to keep the sound around 40dBA or lower.

My radiator is in the bottom of my Silverstone TJ07. Since the power supply gets in the way I could only go up to 120x35mm on 2 of the 4.

so how much do you want to spend? If $20/fan isn't in your budget. I recommend yateloons, I have 8 on my BI GTX480 and they produce good airflow thru it

so how much do you want to spend? If $20/fan isn't in your budget. I recommend yateloons, I have 8 on my BI GTX480 and they produce good airflow thru it

$10-15 max if it'll make a big difference. What's the air pressure on your yate loons? I only have room for a pull config so I need the 4 to have the best air pressure possible.

Ever considered the Scythe fans? Lots air flow, sound level isn't so bad for the flow (According to my roommates.) Doesn't kill your wallet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054
120x38 133 CFM @ 45.90 DB for 12.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185060
120x25 110 CFM @ 37 DB for 13.99 with free shipping (Have volume discounts) 7.99 each if you buy 6+.

I own them and can recommended it strongly. Can't say much about the sound... I can't hear. :p

I found these. Scythe Ultra Kaze 2000rpm. I think the 3000rpm be way too loud.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-ULTRA-KAZE-120-x-38-mm-Case-Fan-Medium-2000rpm-pr-3939.html

I measured the clearance at the bottom of my case where the radiator and power supply are.

If I got 4 x 120x38mm fan, the fan that sits beside the power supply would have about 1/2" of clearance. The bracket my power supply mount to has holes in it so air can escape.
(see pictures below)

Would this be OK?

img20110813183446.jpg

img20110813183643.jpg

The ultra kaze have horrible static pressure. Don't confuse CFM with mm/h20(I believe that's the correct format for static pressure)

The ultra kaze have horrible static pressure. Don't confuse CFM with mm/h20(I believe that's the correct format for static pressure)

Define Horrible? The ultra kaze 120x38mm are suppose have really high static pressure.
What do you know of that has higher static pressure?

Define Horrible? The ultra kaze 120x38mm are suppose have really high static pressure.

woops, you may be right, I might be thinking of another scythe fan

Noctua NF-P12 have great static pressure, now whether they're worth the money is questionable(I have 3, but honestly I probably could have went with cheaper fans and not have noticed)

I'm using aerocool Shark's. They look good, move a lot of air and are pretty quiet.

No, but they suck on a fan controller. They have a high staring voltage and click at just about anything other than 12v.

$10-15 max if it'll make a big difference. What's the air pressure on your yate loons? I only have room for a pull config so I need the 4 to have the best air pressure possible.

For a couple $ more per fan, Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's and they will last you your next 3/4 builds without a single problem.

No to all of you. Koolance does make some GREAT high pressure fans. I have both some High Speed Yate Loons from Petra and the high speed (2600RPM) Koolance fans from Performance PCs. The Koolance are louder than the YL's, but I can actually feel a physical difference with the Koolance fans. They are able to push some serious air through the rad. They only around $8 to boot!

Really...?

A louder fan will generally, and I use generally loosely, push more air than a quieter one. If you had some louder or higher speed yate loons they would probably push as much air as the koolance fans.

Back