best speakers

Budget? 5.1 or 2.1 (aka looking for surround or better sound quality)? Room size? What equipment do you already have (i.e. soundcard, receiver, amp, etc.)?

Almost anything is better then those. Its been said in countless threads, anything made by Creative, Logitech or Klipsch's multimedia line is just crap.

Unless shrilling highs, non-existent mids, and loose, muddy and boomy "bass" is you're thing.

Unfortunately you already made you're purchase...

PC speakers aren't the best PC speakers. ;)

Need a budget first. Then what you want to use them for. Just because a speaker system is 5.1 doesn't mean they're the best. It just means they're surround sound. Nothing to do with sound quality.

The guy is asking which PC 5.1 speaker system set rates the best. Not what u can connect to ur pc. Sure I can go buy an amp and a make a home theater out of my pc but that's not whats being asked here. I have the Klipsch pro audio 5.1 THX. They are the best sounding imo.

Sure, alright...

Whats the expression about having all bad choices, but there is one that is slightly better then the other?

That's the situation we have here.

With your strong feelings against pc speaker systems sets maybe this thread is not for you? Yes this guy is asking just that; out of those brands out there whats seems to rank the best among you guys.

As far as I know, the only thing out right now to compete with the Z-5500 is the Creative GigaWorks G550W. Z-5500 has more input options and is allegedly "better" for gaming. The GigaWorks will outperform the Logitechs for music. If you want cheap surround sound, you really can't go wrong either way.

Possibly, but my thoughts are the general consensus around here.

Fair enough... have at it.

Hmm... that's a toughie. So the question is which computer speakers suck the least? That's tough for people who care about sound quality to answer because if it sucks, it sucks. We don't rank suckage. We only rank goodness. Lol.

Hopefully, someone who dabbles in suck can answer this thread...

Hmm... that's a toughie. So the question is which computer speakers suck the least? That's tough for people who care about sound quality to answer because if it sucks, it sucks. We don't rank suckage. We only rank goodness. Lol.

Hopefully, someone who dabbles in suck can answer this thread...

Bahahahaha :D

Desolate isn't going to like that. :rolleyes: haha

I've had the Z5500s for 3 years ...love 'em. yes, crappy crossover frequency so the bass can be muddy/boomy depending on the source, but the sub is strong and the sats can be cranked up. Built-in dolby digital / dts decoding is great w/ my ps3, pc, and dish hd dvr. So amongst the few competitors in that market, the Z5500s have been a great bang for the buck ever since they came out.

The Klipsch 5.1 set lacks the decoding ability, but arguably sound a little better. But reliability of those sets have been absolute shit. Hence you haven't seen them on newegg in a few years.

Ultimately, I think you'll be happy with the Z5500s as long as you don't confuse them for what they're not.

If I were to get speakers advertised as computer speakers, I'd get Klipsch ProMedia 5.1. I had a ProMedia 2.1 set and it was very nice. The Klipsch sub will kick the ass of any Logitech sub.

Back