Best small laptop for audio?

I got an HP Envy from a client last week in trade for labor on a new system. I planned on using it for portable Kodi, but honestly, I just am not a big laptop person. So, I'm looking at fixing it and flipping it in favor of a smaller laptop.

Are there any 14-ish laptops with a 1050 or better an speakers to fill a room with fairly decent sound? I know something comparable to the Y700 that replaced this Envy for the client is tall order, but that kind of sound is what I'm trying to find. My old MBPr 15 was good enough, but lacked bass. I just want something to put on a nightstand or watch in bed

If you are going to leave it on the nightstand, maybe get an external speaker for it. Logitech UE Booms sound good but can be pricey.
I used mine with my HP laptop.
hp-dv7-diablo3.jpg

Whats your budget?
Not sure you will find quality speakers in a 14". Larger laptops will sometimes make a point of having higher end audio systems but not ultralight portables. The Lenovo Legion has some pretty big speakers. Some of the higher end small gamer laptops might have a decent speaker system though the fans on them often crank so loud that you need headphones and not just when gaming. External speakers are really best bet. Or maybe a small TV with a hacked firestick.

Some of the better deals right now:
https://slickdeals.net/f/10518828-d...050-586-after-slickdeals-rebate-more-free-s-h
Has a TN screen but you can buy a IPS panel off ebay and use a youtube video for directions on how to replace it for pretty cheap.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10525620-a...ed-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1
A good bit more. Would check youtube videos on any models for sound reviews.

If you're not going to move it around much, then I'd go with what has been suggested: a bluetooth speaker.

And just as an FYI, there is a wide range of things that fit that criteria. Heck, you could scale all the way up to a receiver that accepts bluetooth into a massive stereo system, down to a portable 'mono' speaker, and everything in between.
Mackie as an example has studio monitors that have bluetooth. Harman and Kardon make "Soundsticks" with a sub that have bluetooth, and there are a lot of other options as mobile devices become more prevalent.

Then you just buy whatever laptop you want. Trying to find an ultra light with "booming speakers" is pretty much a non-starter.

Back